Is it ok to enjoy alcohol when you're alone?

I have the bad habit of drinking when i'm alone, after a tough week/day. I don't go drink myself insanely drunk, just enogh to forget it all for a while.. if a friend of yours would do it, what'd be your advice?

Is it okay to drink and enjoy alcohol when you're alone?
Is it okay to drink and enjoy alcohol when you're alone?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

Actually, as a severe ex-alcoholic, I used to drink alone very often, I didn't care, as long as I was drinking.

My only advice is in one day don't drink more than an ounce of normal beer per 3 lbs of body weight, or an ounce of strong beer or wine per 5-6 lbs of body weight, or an ounce of hard liquor per 30 lbs of body weight or an ounce of everclear or 151 rum per 80 lbs of body weight, and when you are finished drinking for the night, don't eat, they say it soaks up the alcohol, but for me at least, it seemed to make my heart have a harder time and the production of acetaldehyde greater, and that is the stuff you do not want there to be much of, also stay up at least a couple hours after you stop drinking and drink two whole liters of water before sleeping and have another two liters by your bed to sip on throughout the night, and piss a lot, and especially, after you sleep a while, defecate as soon and as much as possible, this will force you to metabolize and eliminate the acetaldehyde faster and spare you the worst of the hangover, but you will still have one, just not quite as close to hell.

I rarely took that advice when I used to drink heavy, but I also had severe life threatening alcohol poisoning on a regular basis and i have permanently damaged my organs.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Everything is fine so long as it's in moderation. I do it too, though I only do it on the rare evening, when I have little to no responsibilities that evening or the day after. I just browse the net, watch some stuff and then off to bed when sufficiently inebriated. Unfortunately, I tend to likely annoy some people I know by chatting with them lol

0|1
    0|0
    • 6d

Lol i have the same issue, friends mostly know when i'm drunk though and don't really pay that much attention

• I may be biased.. 🤷🏼‍♀️

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a personal decision. I can tell you for me it doesn't work.

I'm the type of person that one drink becomes 1+ till I'm drunk. There is no such thing as just one drink for me. At a certain point in your life The hangover is not worth the price. I make a rule to only drink on weekends and not by myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've only been drunk twice, at my uncles new years eve party in 2018, and a week ago after one of the most emotionally draining days of my life. I obviously wasn't alone the first time, but I was the second. Other times, I just have one beer alone and then stop.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think regularly drinking alone seems problematic. but the occasional drink by yourself is fine

drinking to forget is one of the signs of a problem... not judging just saying

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it depends, drinking alone isn't a great sign but as long as you aren't getting shit faced and it isn't happening regularly then I don't see a problem. If I've had a bad week I'll have a drink wither my man is in or out.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont see anything wrong with it. Plus when I drink with others I feel pressured to drink more.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't get what's the problem. If you are spending time alone anyway, why does it make it bad if you choose to drink, but if you drink with your friends then it's not bad?

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell Yea , after a long Week of work i pour myself a few glasses of IPA's and. relax dont need anyone with me , there is nothing. wromg. with ya CHEERS!!

0|1
    0|0
  • Do whatever you want.
    I do not touch alcohol, but my huge black tom cat enjoys a saucer of beer.
    Some nights he will demand and pester me until he gets what he wants.

0|0
    0|0
  • Technically you are a alcoholic if you drink regularly.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's okay, it does feel better for me when i'm alone. Just don't make it a daily habit and try not to drink too much

0|1
    0|0
  • I used to do that... but now I strength train alone instead, much better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do it all the time on a weekend. Well, no, I'm always getting drunk with friends on a weekend, but if non of them are available I just have a party on my own

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah alcohol the causes and Solutions to life’s problems plus it relaxes you.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nah. I'll drink a few bottles of wine by myself when I'm stressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes as long as you have self control and know when enough is enough I see no problem.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't understand how you can not enjoy it.
    I used to get tore up by myself and have a party.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're definitely not alone with a cat :P

0|1
    0|0
  • Cheers, No Jeers. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ok to drink anytime even while alone

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, if you're not an alcoholic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have a drink or two, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer it when I am alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope so. I usually have a pint with dinner.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes