Is it ok to enjoy alcohol when you're alone?

I have the bad habit of drinking when i'm alone, after a tough week/day. I don't go drink myself insanely drunk, just enogh to forget it all for a while.. if a friend of yours would do it, what'd be your advice?

Is it okay to drink and enjoy alcohol when you're alone?

1116

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.

Actually, as a severe ex-alcoholic, I used to drink alone very often, I didn't care, as long as I was drinking.

My only advice is in one day don't drink more than an ounce of normal beer per 3 lbs of body weight, or an ounce of strong beer or wine per 5-6 lbs of body weight, or an ounce of hard liquor per 30 lbs of body weight or an ounce of everclear or 151 rum per 80 lbs of body weight, and when you are finished drinking for the night, don't eat, they say it soaks up the alcohol, but for me at least, it seemed to make my heart have a harder time and the production of acetaldehyde greater, and that is the stuff you do not want there to be much of, also stay up at least a couple hours after you stop drinking and drink two whole liters of water before sleeping and have another two liters by your bed to sip on throughout the night, and piss a lot, and especially, after you sleep a while, defecate as soon and as much as possible, this will force you to metabolize and eliminate the acetaldehyde faster and spare you the worst of the hangover, but you will still have one, just not quite as close to hell.

I rarely took that advice when I used to drink heavy, but I also had severe life threatening alcohol poisoning on a regular basis and i have permanently damaged my organs.