Can mosquitoes be killed by injecting humans with drugs ?

Do you think that a newly developed drug called Ivermectin can do the job effectively?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Nahh id rather let the mosquito take some blood than be injected with some chemical. Moreover i use this to kill mosquitoes

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd rather do the other thing I heard science was doing to remove mosquitoes.

Making them impotent so they can't breed.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Mosquito still needs to bite you.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I hate mosquitoes one is biting me right now at this moment. But I won't take drugs to kill them in the future.
    They have programs like that for animals to kill fleas I was never interested in that for my dog

1|0
    0|0
  • Ivermectin is not new. Been giving it to dogs for years. Don't know how well it works against mosquitos.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, that's dumb. Inject the mosquitos with that to get rid of you instead.

1|1
    0|0
  • what's the point of that when the mosquito will still get to eat you anyways

2|0
    0|0
  • so they sting you anyways... and i dont think mosquitoes sting you two times... i mean they live just some days

1|0
    0|0
  • Well sure but the human would also die, gene drives are how you kill mosquitoes en masse, but doing so is usually a very bad idea ecology wise.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you want to kill mosquitoes? They're necessary for the ecosystem

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Actually, they're not. At least we have not been able to find any necessary role that they play. In any ecosystem.

A lot of people would like to get rid of mosquitoes entirely, so scientists keep studying to see what would be the harm and effect on their local environments. And so far, we have never found something significant.

• Show All
    • 3d

Then I wouldn't mind getting rid of them either, to be honest

• 3d

Yeah, I think they're one thing that we can safely eliminate and all be happy about.

• Maybe but too many risks to humans

1|0
    0|0
  • nope there will always be mosquitoes

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes