Am I eating too much olive oil?

I eat from 8/10 big spoons of olive oil daily. I'm trying to gain weight, I weigh 88 ilbs and I'm 4'9.

What side effects could I have from consuming such quantity? Is it unhealthy? Am I eating too much olive oil?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Olive oil, especially if it's the organic and it's can virgin olive oil made from Italy is very healthy. However I would not suggest using that in big quantity amounts. Because the problem is that while you would gain some fat from it, it's not going to make you gain a whole lot of fat. In my opinion , you should personally speak with your PCP. Having so much olive oil like that actually lowers your blood pressure. And if you are not careful oh, you can cause yourself to be hypotensive. Which is the medical term for low blood pressure. And you don't want that. Because it's going to be extremely hard for you to get your blood pressure back to normal. You should have a normal range of 120 over 80. You don't want to drop yourself below 110 over 70. And dangerously below 90 over 60.

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't do it in that quantity, probably not great for you. Try to eat high calorie foods that aren't pure oil and fat (think protein shakes, protein cookies, Ensure drinks, etc.)

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes PLEASE stop doing that, it's not healthy at all.

Eating whole foods (rice, pasta, bread etc) for carbs, instead of drinking fat (YUCK).

Eat food. Please.

0|0
    0|1
    • 3d

Sorry, I should have explained it better. I don't DRINK olive oil, I eat it with other foods ( I do eat rice, bread, meets and everything) mostly I dip the bread in the olive oil then eat it with avocado or houmous or yogurt.
      Lol I can never just drink plain olive oil! *Shutters*

• Show All
    • 3d

That's the thing, it's very hard for me to gain weight, my goal is to just gain 2 kilos but it's been challenging, it's really not that easy lol. But I guess you're right. I should at least consum half that quantity.
      Thanks for your answer 😊

• 3d

The quantity is not healthy, the olive oil is. But there's much better ways to eat for both energy & weight gain. Get those carbs in you.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• You want to become fat? Or just gain weight?

You can't really get fat with just oil. Only half of the oil gets coverted to fat. If you just want fat, try sweet stuff. They give the highest fat.

If you want to gain meaningful weight then you need protein. Like meats and tofu. Also, do strength training.

Muscles are a lot heavier than fat. As you gain muscle, you gain weight without the massive size.

0|0
    0|0
  • Like Anything, Dear, It should be Used in Moderation... Good for the Heart from the Start. xx

1|0
    0|0
  • Why are you trying to gain fat you aren't unhealthy light for your height so why do you feel a need to put on fat

0|0
    0|0
  • Olive oil is full of long-chain fat acids

its healthy. Only problem you may would face is you poop may getting runny xD

0|0
    0|0
  • So you just eat spoons of olive oil?
    Did I read that correctly? lol

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Lol no! that would taste awful 😂 I dip bread in the oil then eat it with avocado or hummus

• Quit the olive oil and start eating meat.

0|0
    0|0
  • The olive oil isn’t gonna do it...

0|0
    0|0
  • Girl, if you keep eating that much oil you'll be having an explosive diarrhea any time soon. And that will be the least of your problems if you keep on consuming such big amounts of oil.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes