Am I eating too much olive oil?

I eat from 8/10 big spoons of olive oil daily. I'm trying to gain weight, I weigh 88 ilbs and I'm 4'9.

What side effects could I have from consuming such quantity? Is it unhealthy? Am I eating too much olive oil?

83

Most Helpful Girls

• Olive oil, especially if it's the organic and it's can virgin olive oil made from Italy is very healthy. However I would not suggest using that in big quantity amounts. Because the problem is that while you would gain some fat from it, it's not going to make you gain a whole lot of fat. In my opinion , you should personally speak with your PCP. Having so much olive oil like that actually lowers your blood pressure. And if you are not careful oh, you can cause yourself to be hypotensive. Which is the medical term for low blood pressure. And you don't want that. Because it's going to be extremely hard for you to get your blood pressure back to normal. You should have a normal range of 120 over 80. You don't want to drop yourself below 110 over 70. And dangerously below 90 over 60.

• I wouldn't do it in that quantity, probably not great for you. Try to eat high calorie foods that aren't pure oil and fat (think protein shakes, protein cookies, Ensure drinks, etc.)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes PLEASE stop doing that, it's not healthy at all.

Eating whole foods (rice, pasta, bread etc) for carbs, instead of drinking fat (YUCK).

Eat food. Please.

• 3d

Sorry, I should have explained it better. I don't DRINK olive oil, I eat it with other foods ( I do eat rice, bread, meets and everything) mostly I dip the bread in the olive oil then eat it with avocado or houmous or yogurt.
      Lol I can never just drink plain olive oil! *Shutters*

• 3d

That's the thing, it's very hard for me to gain weight, my goal is to just gain 2 kilos but it's been challenging, it's really not that easy lol. But I guess you're right. I should at least consum half that quantity.
      Thanks for your answer 😊

• 3d

The quantity is not healthy, the olive oil is. But there's much better ways to eat for both energy & weight gain. Get those carbs in you.