Any ideas on healthy meals?

I decided I need to start eating healthy and exercising. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time but never had the initiative.

Yesterday, I signed up at my local gym.
Today, I’m gonna buy healthier food.

I should mention that I work part time and I’m also a full time student. So I need food that doesn’t take too long to prep. I’m mostly looking for advice on what kind of bread I should buy or should I cut that off completely?

Anyway, if y’all have any ideas on types of meals I should look into making. Let me know, and thank you.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Avoid packaged, processed food as much as possible. It doesn't mean you can never eat it, but you shouldn't eat it too often.

2. It's still okay to eat candy and sweets. Chocolate, ice cream, cakes, other stuffs made in bakeries etc. aren't an issue as long it's eaten in moderation. You can for example choose to only eat a little bit sweets once time a week or only in the weekend. Sweets I mentioned are healthier than the artificial small colorful candies.

3. Lot of vegetables, fruits, berries and lean meat (Turkey, chicken, fish) are good. Pasta, rice and dairy products (milk, cheese etc.) can also be healthy. Oat porridge with fruits or berries, oat breakfast mix with fruits or berries and smoothies can be nice to breakfast or lunch. Bread is also okay to eat as long it's not full of sugar or are very light. Dark breads are usually healthy. Especially those one with nuts.

4. Drink a lot of water. Soda, lemonade etc. can be things you're only drinking in the weekend. If you drinks water most days, you would avoid a lot of sugar. Green tea can be healthy. Coffee is okay in moderation. It's not unhealthy, but may just discolor your teeth.

Examples on meals:
    - Fish, potatoes and other vegetables. Salmon would be good to both potatoes, carrots, squash, ginger and cucumber. You don't need to have all of these veggies. It's just examples.

- Wok. E. g. Rice, chicken, carrots, broccoli. You can cut the vegetables one or two days in advance and store it in small boxes in your fridge if you're not into cutting them the day you're making the dinner due not having enough time that day.

- Cutting vegetables and fruits in small pieces as snacks. Dipping them in sour cream. Yogurt with nuts, raisins etc. may also be an alternative and healthier snacks.

You can find more recipes on Google, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Matprat. no etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• Stay away from packaged, processed food. You can still eat bread, just in moderation. Dave's Killer bread is pretty good. Fish, chicken and turkey are lean meats that are better for you.

If you don't have a lot of time to prep, maybe make overnight oats (there are tons of recipes online) or smoothie bags (fill a bag with your favorite fruits and veggies, freeze it, then throw it into a blender with some almond or protein nut milk in the morning.

I have a new love for paninis recently. If you don't have a panini maker, that's fine. You can use a fry pan as if you're making grilled cheese. Anyway, you can add pesto, some cheese, spinach, tomato, chicken, etc. It's a great way to get in a lot of protein and greens without making a big meal.

Also get an app like MyFitnessPal, not necessarily for counting calories but so you can see your macros (carbs, protein, fat) and see what you need to eat more/less of.