Dear high schoolers and gym goers, why the actual **** do you block people’s mirror in the gym?

I’m not understanding this at all. Do you people suffer from Asperger’s syndrome and you cannot understand social cues to move the fk out of my way? High schoolers literally started a convo in front of me as I start each set of mine. I asked them to move in a rude tone. They laughed it off. About a good 5 secs later a guy in his 30s came and blocked to do his shrugs. He left and then another 5 secs later an old tall man comes in front and does tricep extension with a dumbbell. Another day a girl comes in front and does squats. I should mention that all the people that do this in the dumbell area are people who hit the gym ONCE. They are lazy undedicated fools that go once a month and expect some gain. If you are doing this, just quit because you’re not going to make your New Years resolution come true. Harsh but that is the truth. To all the new gym goers out there looking to go to a gym, please view a video as to what YOU SHOULD DO and what YOU SHOULD NOT DO in a gym setting.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I mean if you're that fed up with the behaviour, move gym? Go when it's quiet?

Honestly I don't see the big reason why you'd NEED to see YOURSELF in the mirror, shouldn't you be focusing on the workout and the muscular contraction & control, not looking at yourself in the mirror?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

First of all I do go when it’s quiet. It’s just that I go everyday and see this shit on a daily basis. I am planning on moving to another gym but I wanted to see why people do this. Is it a mental illness like I have stated? Second of all the mirror is used to see if you are doing the reps correctly. I’ve already focused on contraction and control. I need to see my self in the mirror to know if I’m using proper form otherwise there’s is no point in doing that excercise and there’s no point in going to a gym and paying for it

• Show All
    • 4d

Of course, I get that you need that time to learn and become efficient at a movement, but even just using a mirror won't actually get much feedback since you can't see in a 3D plane anyway.

That being said i'm glad to hear you are worried about technique and staying injury free, too many people don't.
      I would just complain to reception, or as you're planning to do, just change gym.

• 4d

Alright thanks

• lol calm down, going to the gym doesn't make u better than everyone or whatever and honestly, it’s just a mirror if u like urself so much then stare at urself when u get home

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

When did I say it made me better than everyone LOL. Can people your age not read? It’s a mirror that was meant to be shared since everyone pays for the public gym. Blocking someone is just very selfish. Perhaps you should read over what I said before you make a dumb comment. Have a nice day kiddo

• 3d

lol u dont need to be so uptight about everything it’s just a mirror, like seriously do you really like looking at urself that much?

• you're mad because you had to share a mirror in a public gym?

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I have no problem with sharing. If you read I indirectly stated that the problem arises when others don’t share with you. People are selfish and don’t give room for others. I’ve taken this too lightly in the past and didn’t care if they would stand in front. But now it is at the point where it’s really sickening

Recommended myTakes