Have you ever gone through a surgery?

2126

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope

2125
  • I've had 2 lung surgeries (5 if we count the times I had to revisit hospital to insert tube and remove air from lung sack), 1 heart surgery, 4 tooth extractions. 2 of them the wisdom teeth. Kneecap surgery, however, they only had to adjust it. And lastly, I fell on my jaw and hit an edge of the table and sliced up my skin to the bone and had a minor fracture.

My first lung surgery was due to a collapsed lung and it refused to heal. and they had to cut out a portion of my lung and stitch it onto the lung sack.

Second lung surgery was the same but at the bottom part of my lung and it refused to heal, however this time they couldn't before the same surgery. I don't remember why though but it had to do something with space.
    They inserted a tube about the same size as my index finger and filled my entire lung with some fluid to cause an infection so my lung gets permanently stuck onto the lung sack to prevent further lung collapsed. I was awake and the pain was so unbearable my entire body tensed couldn't speak and on the edge to faint. The doctor yelled at the nurse to hurry up with the morphine, later on, I were high for the rest of the day lol.

Heart surgery was due to a birth defect. They entered through my groin let the blood flow lead the cables up the heart later on they locate the defect and burned off the pattern of something. If you're interested in how the surgical is, search WPW surgery.

Damn now when I think about it I've maybe visited the hospital too many times

• Yes, I have. I had my tonsils removed when I was 12 and (if it counts) my wisdom teeth removed a few years back. The tonsils was one of the most painful things I've done but I'm really glad I did.

• I have had a Full shoulder rebuild (my shoulder kept dislocating, I was seen by a sports dr. Once and promptly referred to a surgeon). The aftermath wasn’t that bad started physical therapy a month after the surgery. I was already past where the pt was expecting me to come in at.

• A few, wisdom teeth removal, kidney stone removal (took 2 surgeries). I'm not sure if an endoscopy counts as a surgery, but I was under anesthesia for it so I kinda count it.

• On my nose, my sinuses were so fucked up they had to do laser surgery because it was getting hard to breath, it stop the leaking problem but now I constanly live with a full feeling in my sinuses and I can't breath in my nose if I get sick loool

• Sure, I have had over 30 surgeries. I would be lying if I told you that I didn't have just a little anxiety beforehand.

• Yes, I had to have an organ transplant when I was 15, gallbladder and appendix removal, and tonsil removal when I was really young.

• yes i have several
    hernia repair
    appendectomy
    wisdom tooth extraction
    repair of fractures in both knees, right femur and both tibias

• One, A Bit Bigger But No Big Deal.
    Another Small and All.
    Other Than That, Healthy Choice. xx

• I am scheduled for my first ever surgery om March 29.

• Two major surgeries. Once about 30 years ago to have my gall bladder removed and the Gangrene that accompanied it. And about 9 years ago for a quadruple heart bypass.

• Yes. Had my wisdom teeth extracted. All 4 that I had. Had a biopsy but that's not that big a deal. Also had lasik.

• I haven’t undergone any surgery other than oral surgery, but yea I have.

• Two first one was OK second one was bad for a few weeks

• I've gone though six surgery's during my life.
    Last year I went through two surgery's with my left knee and a hernia.

• Twice. Had to get a lump removed out of my chest (thanks crappy family history of bad boobs 😂). Then I had a tumour in my leg, thankfully not cancerous. The second one was really bad though cause I had to get a catheter put in and had to wait 2 hours after I requested it for the doc to arrive. I could barely breathe from the pain and was shaking for 45 minutes afterwards. And all the while whilst waiting I could hear the nurses chilling out on the background discussing how hot the new neurosurgeon was 🤔

• Had to do it on myself a few times and had an ulcer burnt off once. Had fingers rebuilt 2 cancers removed .. nothing that knocked me out

• Not really, but I had a scalpel cut on the other side of my eyelid...

• yeah when I was younger I received ear infections constantly and I had tubes put in my ears. Each time I got water or some liquid in my ears I had to go through an operation to have them replaced and maybe the liquid removed. I don't really know I was usually put to sleep during the operation until the tubes were removed. In the process I was actually awake through the process when the tubes were removed permanently, perhaps the first tube in my left ear was removed easily while the 1 in my right ear needed some work and it was removed with some blood linked to it. It did hurt but it wasn't a problem the doctor put some liquid in the bleeding ear, then it was over and I haven't had an operation ever sense.

• Yeah, MPFL reconstruction knee surgery and ear surgery

• Tonsils, appendice and a broken collar bone.
    Enough.

• Never have unless you count tooth removal but I've had some family members that have

• Yes, once.

• yes 3 times already

• Two cesarean sections and a hernia

• Yes, I’ve had a few.

• Yup, two. The second one was horrible.

• Does wisdom teeth removal count?

• Yes I have

• Nope

• Wisdom teeth

• Yes I have

• Many. What is your fear?

• Minor surgery to remove a couple of moles.

• No, I'd love to watch my body being cut open

• Yes. Had a wisdom tooth pulled that was abscessed.

• Yeah. Minor, dental and ears

• Too many of them.

• Yes.

• Have not

• Several.

• Yeah it’s a painful aftermath

• Never.

• Yeah

• only dental surgery. Still not fun

• I have. The worst was having knee surgery, I was so sick after I came to and they made me get up and walk, I was passing out walking. But that was many years ago. According to what I've seen these days it's like melting butter in comparison. I also had scopes both ends, and when I came to from that it was like ecstasy, right the opposite of the knee surgery.