How important is fitness in your life?

How much worried are you about your health? And what do you do to keep yourself in good shape?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Somewhat.

I go to the gym 5x a week and I think it's a good habit, which is why I want to maintain it, that's probably the main reason, kind of like stubbornness.

It's like the only form of physically activity I do and it helps my body look better and I work hard to look my best, according to me, even before I joined the gym (grooming-wise), so this is just another step to improve myself physically.

I'm not really an outgoing person, but this helps me get out more and do something good physically, otherwise I'd be inside all day.

It's also good for the mind too, as I just focus on my workouts and not really anything, unless, I have to go somewhere soon after, as I hate rushing it.

Another important thing to state about me going to the gym, is going at the right time, I don't want to go when it's packed out, as you can't really work out then and I'd rather go in the day, to get it out of the way.

There's more to it than just exercising though, as I couldn't definitely benefit from a better diet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Working out helps me stay centered. If I don’t work out regularly I have trouble sleeping, concentrating, even digesting food properly. I work out 2 hours every Monday Wednesday and Friday. I’d work out more often if I was able, but my schedule doesn’t permit it. I also try to eat healthier than most people, and that doesn’t mean less food it just means better choices. Fitness to me isn’t about my appearance, although looking better is nice; it’s about making myself feel better.

0|1
    0|0
    • Well thats so great that you are putting efforts to keep your mind towards one goal, fitness always give self confidence and you know that better right? Keep going bro good luck

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a necessity for me: physically and mentally.
    I got into fitness about 5-6 years ago because I was grossly overweight, unhappy with my looks, and worse of all, my family has so many medical conditions: from hypertension to diabetes. So to keep from popping pills, I decided to change things.

Now I'm healthy and pretty much addicted to exercise! 💪
    I workout 5-6 days a week. And while I still have a bit more weight to go until I'm done, I love how far I've come and the work I've put in.

1|3
    0|0
    • I love your dedication towards fitness and i am sure it gonna motivate lot of people, thanks for sharing your personal experience with us 😄

• Aww, thank you! I just hope others that are afraid or hate working out will at least try to change- if nothing else, to improve their health and well being 🙂

• You know it helps a lot when a healthy and fit person walks in public at least 10 out of 40 gets motivated and look for a way to be like them, so i must say you are the dedication for the people around you

• Decently important. I do a lot of stretching and whatnot cause I like being able to bend myself in half whenever I want. I recently started lifting weights and trying to build some muscle, and I eat relatively healthy a lot of the time. I noticeably feel better since I started.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Im really passionate about it. I love the idea of making the most out of my body. The main thing I do is lifting, I love strength training but then I also instruct Zumba and do belly dancing on my own time :)

0|4
    0|0
    • Wow that sound so interesting, I wasn't knowing that someone can really carry beauty along with muscles you looks great in your picture. I have the same goal of becoming stronger. Do you mind staying in touch so we can learn from each other?

• It hasn't been as important as it ought to be. I'm beginning to go back to gym, need to priritise a healthy lifestyle. Currently got sprained wrist from playing football though so limited in what i can do

0|1
    0|0
  • A must if I don’t do something physically straining I am screwed bc it’s how I get my daily routine started. Sometimes even just stretching and simple slow movements is better than not exercising bc your body gets sluggish as you get older and even though I am hardly old if at all, I like the idea of being a fit elder who still looks like he is 30 in my 50s or 60s. Going for that Master Roshi status lol

0|1
    0|0
    • Hahah master roshi is he from dragon ball super? I like your thoughts and you are absolutely right, keep lifting and stay shredded

• Show All
    • Hahah you are hillariois 😂

• I used to be really fit but realized that it's over-rated. It didn't improve my mental health or my chances with women, all kinds of women are attracted to me even though I am not really fit nowadays, I believe you just have to look big and not lazy and you'll get women. Being fit did make me a little more energetic but 15 minutes on an elliptical machine everyday will keep you energetic as well

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a very important factor of my life. I used to do a lot of sports when I was younger like karate, thai boxing and kendo. Now, I just go to the gym and do lifting.

0|2
    0|0
    • Oh cool but still you know the techniques of karate, boxing and kendo. You can rejoin it anytime and as you said you workout in the gym so there is no possibility of getting weak. You are stronger than yesterday 🤗

• It's important to me. Even though I cannot do it as much as I would like, especially since I never had professional training in it, I always was the health conscious and fitness type growing up. I am a track runner/sprinter but I like doing old style pilates. I don't know what they got today.

0|1
    0|0
  • It’s very important to me, you only get one body and I believe in taking care of mine the best I can. It’s great for your mental health, physical health, makes you more attractive and look better naked... I honestly can’t think of any drawbacks to keeping fit.

At the same time, I’m not obsessed and don’t cry if I miss a gym session. I’m an ordinary guy, not a pro athlete.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do hot yoga and weight training!! I love it! A healthy diet really makes it all work though!

0|2
    0|0
  • I enjoy Floor Exercises and I Am A Walkaholic. lolxx

1|1
    0|0
  • very. i'm a vegan, but im still on the bigger side. I was very overwight as a child and now I weight about 125 but I still look a lot bigger.

0|1
    0|0
    • Doesn't matter if your look bigger, big makes people look beautiful and its way more beautiful when they are working on it, keep going hard and i wish you achieve your goals 🤗

• Show All
    • You are welcome !! I am just being me to build some confidence in yourself, always remember there will be lot of people to put you down but you have to fight for yourself and proove them wrong because you got it so far and there is no way you can bend in front of them :)

• Just keep in mind, while you are eating vegan it is still possible to overeat from a calorie standpoint; you still need to balance out your intake and activity level.

Due to a hereditary endocrine disorder that I was unaware I had until recently, I put on some weight last year.

I am down almost 80 pounds at this point and I could lose weight while eating things like pizza, but I portion it out so I don't eat too much in a day and I keep in mind how active I have been.

• Very.
    I work out 4x a week & I eat a predominately Mediterranean & vegetarian diet avoiding processed sugar and fats wherever possible.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm a competitive martial artist. I compete in MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and European Medieval Martial Arts. I'm in really good shape but I don't feel the need to show off to others. I compete in MMA for the brotherhood I have with my teammates and to stay fit.

What I hate about some fitness "gurus" is the showing off they do online. Posting pictures every day flexing their abs or their buttocks. I think it's absolutely silly.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is very important. It's not even about the aesthetics, though. It's the health benefits that come with exercising regularly and having a healthy balanced diet.

0|1
    0|0
  • Pretty important. I workout roughly 3-4 times a week and trying to eat healthier as well. It is getting tough to stick to it since other priorities are taking place, but my family had some ends thanks to neglect on their health. I'm not going to follow them there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I started my station. bike last night
    For a long time I held it off

0|2
    0|0
  • It’s not important to me at all. The only health related problem I care about is cancer.

0|1
    0|0
    • Wohh, you need to try it trust me , you gonna get to know why everyone is so mad about gym and physique

• Show All
    • Haha, you are so stubborn 😂 do the way you like it, its your life and live it to the fullest

• I run track for my university so fitness is extremely important. I have 3 extremely rigorous workouts a week and 4 supplementary workouts that aren't that intense. I also monitor myself for cardiomyopathy to make sure I'm healthy and able to continue competing.

My girlfriend helps a lot too because she's a fitness enthusiast.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't go out of my way to achieve these things. Eating normally and exercising is as natural as breathing by now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very important. I eat healthy and exercise regularly.

0|2
    0|0
  • So important for my physical and mental well being, I have a home gym so I workout most days

0|1
    0|0
  • Used to be super important. Now I don't give a shit got no one to impress

0|1
    0|0
  • It does amazing things for one's self esteem, mood, and chances of being attractive to others

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah you are righ, so what do you do to keep your self fit?

• Mostly pullups and pushups. Gymnastics rings occasionally. Being active. Lifting my groceries on the walk home. Sex! Hardcore intense sex. Eating reasonably healthy. Keeping good posture always. Playing piano for extended periods with intensity.

• I exercise everyday but I am not obsessive about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • My muscle mass used to be important when I played football but now its just running in the morning and I go to the gym now and again

0|2
    0|0
  • My day start and end with exercise. Im not too much worried. The only thing i do is to keep myself in good shape is to change the pattern everyday so that it would not become a routine. Routine exercise is kind of boring.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's very important to me. I love to feel hot and strong. Fitness helps me achieve that. Besides the obvious health benefits.

0|1
    0|0
  • somewhere around a 4. I don't let myself pass 145 lbs. I'm at 136 now so i'm not hitting the gym as much.

0|1
    0|1
  • People think I lift weights and train hard, but I don't. I train smart, daily with one rest day. I probably train anywhere from 10-20 minutes, sometimes less, with an isokinator Green Giant. Most that see it laugh and think it's a scam but they judge it by its size. The science is simple. Tension + progressive overload + good diet + enough rest = Gainz.

Even had this person going around asking everyone if they had seen me in the gym because he thought I was making it up when I said I don't lift.

0|1
    0|0
  • I train and exercise for the glory of Christ, and I intend to continue till the day of my death.

0|1
    0|0
  • It actually helps with my acne more so than the usual "Drink water and take [insert medication or face cream"

0|1
    0|0
  • It's very important to me! I let myself get fat once, and I won't do it again.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's important because my life goal is to reach 100 years old.

0|1
    0|0
  • Its very important. I see it as a form of militarism but for civilian life.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've become holistically health focused in the late 2000's and have been very disciplined about it. What I'm taking about is a lifestyle change that involves diet and exercise.

I basically only consume whole clean non processed foods. Extensively supplement and have my blood tested annually for micronutrient content. I workout a minimum of 3 days a week.

Ten years at it but the results show. I'm 45 and hover around 17-18% body fat, people generally think I'm about 10 years younger than I really am, I'm take no prescription medication, my medical exams and blood work is perfect, and my thinking is crisp and sharp.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't survive without fitness ramen in my mouth.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very. I refuse to be fat and slovenly.

0|2
    0|1
  • Is important but im no addicted

0|1
    0|0
    • Its not that important because not everyone is doing exercise in their life but if you are worried about your life and want to stay healthy then go do workout and stay healthy for the rest of your life

• Very important hell I do it for a living.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gym is life

0|1
    0|0
  • very

0|1
    0|0
  • Kinda important.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very