Girls, what measures can be taken for a fitness instructor to ensure the comfort of a female client?

Mr1987Joe
I'm doing carpentry, at the moment, so I don't take too many clients; and, I've only ever trained guys, anyway, when I do. Truth be told, I've only ever done work that is predominantly done by men, so the idea of being in this type of professional environment with a woman--alone, incidentally--is a bit... off.

I'm not exactly the kind of guy that walks around worrying about whether or not he's offending people, but she's a nice gal, she's overweight, and she seems to genuinely want help. Seeing as I can't speak to her how I speak to other men (yelling, insulting them, et cetera) to motivate them, I need a little instruction on how to motivate her, and keep her motivated.

If any of you have ever had personal trainers, I'd be interested in knowing of anything they did that made you uncomfortable. If I know, I'll know NOT to do it. Also, any insight on how you would prefer to be motivated in these circumstances is welcome, as well.

Please, and thank you, ladies.
2