What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?

Mine would have to be the lat pulldown and cross trainer

Whats yours?What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Any leg machine because legs are important
    Bench press
    Squat machine, not the smith one, but the one without support

And the rest i just use dumbells

1|0
    0|0
  • Bicep curls, forearm press down, seated leg press, bicycle, treadmill

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Lat pulldown is my favorite as well as rowing machines if they have it (I'm actually tempted to get lat pulldown machine in my home). I tend to do more calisthenics and just visit gyms on motivated seasons and prefer free weights for powerlifts (especially the Olympic bar). Yet among the machines, I love pulling motions like lat pulldown since it is difficult to fine-tune those with pulling bodyweight motions and do things like ascending pyramid otherwise.

1|1
    0|0
    • 12 d ago

Other is rear delt flyes. In my gym, they have a pec dec machine which doubles over for rear delt flyes. My rear delts are kind of a weak point so I like to use that machine mainly for rear delts.

• 12 d ago

I also tried thigh abductor/abduction machine before. My wife challenged me to try since she likes that one:
      What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?

I tried it and was like, "Look at me, I'm a badass with all this weight!" And I was able to do a healthy number of reps with decent form with heavy weights, only to find the next day that I could barely walk. I'm not sure I actually like that machine. :-D

• 12 d ago

For the hip/thigh abductor/abduction, I actually set to maximum weight (though not at first, I started off easy and found it too easy and kept going up). Though is in Japan -- most people aren't so strong and muscular here so the maximum weight on machines usually isn't so high. But I was whimpering the next day. My friends even asked me to come along and there was a huge staircase and I was grabbing the stairs and like just trying to step down one foot at a time and told them to go ahead -- like, "It's okay. You guys can leave me behind. I am too weak now to go down these stairs. This is the end for me. I will always be in your hearts. Remember me as I was." :-D I really don't like that machine.

• 12 d ago

What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?

1|0
    0|0
  • I do almost everything in the power rack with a barbell. The one machine I do use is the cables for face pulls and standing crunches. Is it my favorite though? Eh, I don’t know. I don’t program any of that stuff.

But from what I have done, so think the seated overhead press machine is the most fun for some reason.

1|1
    0|0
  • My favourite is probably the elliptical cause that is the one that I burn the most calories on and I also find it easier than the tread mill even though I burn fewer calories on a tread mill. I also like lifting weights. Not a fan of the weight machines cause I never had somebody teach me how to use them and am afraid to use them without a trainer to give me instructions.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cannot remember when I last went to the gym, but my favourite is the cable machine.
    I think it is the most versatile and one of the most natural (in terms of movements made) machines I have come across. It allows full body activation, which I am a huge believer of.

0|0
    0|0
  • Bench press!!

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't really use machines.

I use benches and free weights mostly with the exception of machines like the leg press a lot of machines restrict your movement to much and the movement they do allow isn't natural.

1|1
    0|0
  • Free weights. What is your favourite machine to use at the gym?
    Anything you lift in real life that's heavy will be free anyways, not forced going only one direction.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say the cable machine, because it's more versatile and allows you to do different exercises for different body parts.

1|0
    0|0
  • The most crazy stuff is done with the barbell/dumbbells and bench.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cable machine. I can do it all there. Wish I had one at home.

2|0
    0|0
  • I don't go to the gym but if I did, I honestly don't think I'd be able to take my eyes off the girls running on the treadmill.. too distracting 😅

1|0
    0|0
  • Hi! Would you be willing to share advice with a novice? What would you recommend for someone just starting strength training?

0|0
    0|0
  • The machine adjustable cable. You can train many muscle groups if you have the accesories, both upper and lower body.
    Then it's the outer hip extension.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really use machines, I mostly use barbells and dumbbells. If I really have to choose a machine, I guess it'll be the high row machine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Last time I went to gym in my road bike I just used the indoor bike, I was too shy about the unfamiliar stuff🤦

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t use machines at the gym I take workout classes because once I start the class I know I won’t leave. I take boxing 3x a week.

0|0
    0|0
  • No machines.

Just a pull up bar and some dangling rings.

No rise of the machines!

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the treadmill, cross-trainers, and rowing machines! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Cables for squats, deadlifts, pullthroughs, triceps etc

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been to the gym in 3 years and it's starting to show 😭 but I like the abs machine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Got to be hands down the cable machine! So many exercises you can do

0|0
    0|0
  • I dunno rn

1|0
    0|0
  • Rowing machine and sometimes treadmill

1|0
    0|0
  • I am a machine.