What Motivates you to Exercise?

If you don't exercise why not? I love doing before and after pics to inspire others. It motivates me to motivate others. πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™What Motivates you to Exercise?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• For me, it is predominantly about performance. It might not apply to everyone but I was quite athletic when younger. I was the fastest sprinter and longest jumper on my track team as well as sponsored vert skater (skateboard on vert ramps). On top of that, while I was never the type to have very impressive numbers with heavy-lifts, I fairly good at bodyweight motions (I hell my school record for max pull-ups, e. g).

So nowadays even though I'm in my late 30s, if I challenge a teenage track athlete to 100M dash and get my butt whooped, I get a bit stubborn afterward and start training like crazy in a very antisocial way while my friends wonder where I went for a couple of months. Similar case if I pass by a pull-up bar and find that I've slacked off so much that I can barely do any reps.

Also if I look down in the tub or something and see pouches of fat around the belly instead of ab definition, it doesn't look or feel like my body anymore. I don't recognize it. I feel sluggish and associate it with all that extra deadweight I'm carrying around the belly. It looks and feels alien and soft to me, so that also tends to motivate me to shed the fat until I can recognize my body as my own again. It's almost like an identity crisis of sorts.

1|0
    0|0
    • 9 d ago

As for my way, it's not very consistent. I just get fat, train super hard like a serious athlete, get lean, slack off, get fast, train super hard, rinse and repeat. :-D I have a bad habit in that I love to drink. My nutrition is quite good except for that love of alcohol which always drives me overboard in terms of calories. I'm currently at this kind of stage now at 39-years old (just turned 39 the other day) and don't have the biggest muscles but I'm lean enough to be happy with it:

I am much stronger at pushing motions so I have some chest and triceps muscles but not as much bicep and lats. I've been focusing more on pulling motions lately to try to compensate.

• Show All
    • 9 d ago

In my case, I've always found it really easy to lean down. I just train really hard for a while. Harder to me is staying lean. I've never had any epic transformations (biggest was 35lbs loss in 6 weeks) but I usually don't go too long before I realize I'm getting very soft and start training hard again.

• 9 d ago

Thanks for sharing πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ just awesome thanks πŸ–€πŸ’œπŸ’™

• Sex lol as bad as it sounds sex motivates me... Increased stamina and flexibility... Trained to be able to pick ole girl up and ragdoll her cause one girl told me she liked that... Money and sex are my greatest worst motivations to do anything.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I just like how it feels after exercising, I love the rush of endorphins that one gets after working out especially that runners high after a couple of quick paced miles.

I've always been physically fit my whole life. The most weight gain I've ever experienced was after giving birth to our twins. Resuming my pre-pregnancy exercising dropped those extra pounds and inches pretty quickly. I continued a light exercise plan during my pregnancy as well, mostly cardio type such as cycling or other low impact exercises.

1|0
    0|0
  • My best friends wedding that is coming up XD it's a big motivator and I'm a bridesmaid and have to order a dress through her so I can't afford my weight fluctuating at all.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• NoHome but watching other dudes how their body are well figured and such kinda motivates me on wanting have that type of physique as well :) lol. but its almost a year and a half now that i haven't gone to the gym. Plan on going back and properly train again like used, cos i was actually almost there, but then gains dropped due to neglecting gym haha

1|0
    0|0
  • Looking in the mirror and hating my body. Oh shit, I got issues. In all seriousness, it's just a part of my day and I feel off if I don't workout. Even when I was going through chemo, I'd still make an effort to go for a daily run. The endorphin rush I get after a workout is very addicting.

1|0
    0|0
  • The fact that I will be healthier, clothes will fit beautifully too. πŸ˜„

1|1
    0|0
  • The desire to not be fat
    My love of dessert
    Wanting to look good naked for my SO

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls motivate me to exercise... it’s probably not a good thing... 😜

1|0
    0|0
  • The look of my belly, my enery level (which is way too high) and the fact that I know I can eat afterwardsπŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't like the way my upper body look's.

1|1
    0|0
  • Little things are becoming more convenient the more I exercise, getting smaller is nice but but I enjoy getting stronger more surprisingly.

1|0
    0|0
  • That is a great reason to exercise. For me. I like to eat but like to look good so I work out. So I can eat unhealthy from time to Time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Results. That after a while I can run farther and faster, or lift heavier and that exercising gets easier and easier

1|0
    0|0
  • All I do is walk
    I'm very insecure
    And I have astmaha

1|0
    0|0
  • Because its my jobπŸ™ˆ

Plus i love sugar and sweets, like omgggπŸ‘πŸ§πŸ°πŸŽ‚πŸ­πŸ˜΅

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing does. I have the Jimi-Page-Syndrome - so I am not at risk to depend on exercise.

1|0
    0|0
  • To be fit and I like women and I like women who take care of themselves so I’m not hypocritical that and I like to eat.

1|0
    0|0
  • I worked hard to lose 25kg. I regained 5kg. I dont want to go back to being obese.

1|0
    0|0
  • I look at disgusting fat bodies and that motivates me. .

0|0
    1|0
  • Getting some of the sex. Is that the wrong answer?

1|0
    0|0
  • My overweight past πŸ™

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the rush

1|0
    0|0
  • Lord Jesus, I owe Him my life.

1|0
    0|0
  • lol, being single.

1|0
    0|0
  • My health and flexibility

1|0
    0|0
  • Physical and mental well being

1|0
    0|0
  • Firmer boobs

1|0
    0|0
  • Man boobs

1|0
    0|0
  • Women

1|0
    0|0
  • God bless me to stay healthy inside and out.

1|0
    0|0
  • To stay away from cardiac problems

1|0
    0|0
  • The adrenaline rush.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it.

1|0
    0|0
  • wanting to look good

1|0
    0|0
  • being best.

1|0
    0|0
  • The fear of being fat again and how far I've come.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls

1|0
    0|0
  • Weight gain

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing, because nothing motivates me

1|0
    0|0
  • Stay fit for sports