What Motivates you to Exercise?

If you don't exercise why not? I love doing before and after pics to inspire others. It motivates me to motivate others. πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™What Motivates you to Exercise?

1628

Most Helpful Guys

• For me, it is predominantly about performance. It might not apply to everyone but I was quite athletic when younger. I was the fastest sprinter and longest jumper on my track team as well as sponsored vert skater (skateboard on vert ramps). On top of that, while I was never the type to have very impressive numbers with heavy-lifts, I fairly good at bodyweight motions (I hell my school record for max pull-ups, e. g).

So nowadays even though I'm in my late 30s, if I challenge a teenage track athlete to 100M dash and get my butt whooped, I get a bit stubborn afterward and start training like crazy in a very antisocial way while my friends wonder where I went for a couple of months. Similar case if I pass by a pull-up bar and find that I've slacked off so much that I can barely do any reps.

Also if I look down in the tub or something and see pouches of fat around the belly instead of ab definition, it doesn't look or feel like my body anymore. I don't recognize it. I feel sluggish and associate it with all that extra deadweight I'm carrying around the belly. It looks and feels alien and soft to me, so that also tends to motivate me to shed the fat until I can recognize my body as my own again. It's almost like an identity crisis of sorts.

• 9 d ago

As for my way, it's not very consistent. I just get fat, train super hard like a serious athlete, get lean, slack off, get fast, train super hard, rinse and repeat. :-D I have a bad habit in that I love to drink. My nutrition is quite good except for that love of alcohol which always drives me overboard in terms of calories. I'm currently at this kind of stage now at 39-years old (just turned 39 the other day) and don't have the biggest muscles but I'm lean enough to be happy with it:

What Motivates you to Exercise?
      What Motivates you to Exercise?

I am much stronger at pushing motions so I have some chest and triceps muscles but not as much bicep and lats. I've been focusing more on pulling motions lately to try to compensate.

• 9 d ago

In my case, I've always found it really easy to lean down. I just train really hard for a while. Harder to me is staying lean. I've never had any epic transformations (biggest was 35lbs loss in 6 weeks) but I usually don't go too long before I realize I'm getting very soft and start training hard again.

• 9 d ago

Thanks for sharing πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ just awesome thanks πŸ–€πŸ’œπŸ’™

• Sex lol as bad as it sounds sex motivates me... Increased stamina and flexibility... Trained to be able to pick ole girl up and ragdoll her cause one girl told me she liked that... Money and sex are my greatest worst motivations to do anything.

Most Helpful Girls

• I just like how it feels after exercising, I love the rush of endorphins that one gets after working out especially that runners high after a couple of quick paced miles.

I've always been physically fit my whole life. The most weight gain I've ever experienced was after giving birth to our twins. Resuming my pre-pregnancy exercising dropped those extra pounds and inches pretty quickly. I continued a light exercise plan during my pregnancy as well, mostly cardio type such as cycling or other low impact exercises.

• My best friends wedding that is coming up XD it's a big motivator and I'm a bridesmaid and have to order a dress through her so I can't afford my weight fluctuating at all.