Did drinking as a child cause me brain damage?

I always hear stories how when I was 4 or 5 I got drunk and people always laugh about it and so did I but I recently realized just how screwed up that is. My parents weren’t abusive or anything I don’t think they really knew how wrong it was to let me drink. I think they only wanted me to have a sip but I liked it and kept drinking. And it wasn’t just once. I always liked the taste when I was little I didn’t understand that it was bad or harmful. now I have many different mental illnesses. For one I’m autistic , I also have severe depression, social anxiety etc. and I’m wondering if drinking/ getting drunk at that age could’ve caused or contributed to my mental issues. If anyone knows please I would really like to know

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I had my first drink of a pina colada with rum. It tasted really good. But I never got drunk. I would say for a young child of the age you mentioned wouldn't take much to get you intoxicated. I also believe that autism has a huge genetic component. You didn't mention how often this happened so it's hard to say for sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• My mom fed me with a good portion of red wine when I was 6 months old (the bottle was like the one with the berry juice - and it was dark - and we were camping out). Looking at my present condition, I can only assume that -if anything- it gave me a large boost... upwards.