Do you like or hate having a general anaesthetic?

Some people say its a nice feeling going under, others say they feel ill when they come round

31

31
  • I have had over 30 surgeries. I have had some that were unremarkable and others that I will remember for the rest of my life. It depends on what kind of surgery and how long it will be as to the course of anesthesia they will use. If its a longer than 2 hour surgery they will put you on a ventilator. Yes, a ventilator its what is used to take over your breathing. Also for surgeries over 2 hours they will usually put a Foley Catheter into your penis they don't have to worry about you peeing during and immediately after surgery. A Foley is usually put in before they start the operation and you are already out. For really anxious people they will give you Versed to sedate you before surgery. I personally don't like to be taken down before I get to the operating room. I like to see where I am and like to see and hear what's going on in the operating room before they take me down. The drug of choice to take you down is Profpol. Yes, it's the same drug that Michael Jackson was given by Dr. Conrad Murray in amounts to kill a horse. As it is administered everything gets fuzzy and the last sense to do is your hearing. You will hear a ringing in your ears and then that's it you are out. I have awaken on the table as they were finishing up. I have even awaken with them pulling the tubing from my throat. Both of those experiences were the fault of the anesthesiologist. Some people do have side effects from anesthesia which is nausea. I ALWAYS ask for a Scopolamine medication patch that goes behind the ear for nausea. Your a male so you don't have to worry about the policy of them not allowing women to wear tampons into the operating room. Best wishes.

• It doesn't matter to me because I just slip into that deep slumber easy

• I woke up very hungry because I wasn’t allowed to eat before.

• I'm a fan of it for surgeries 🖤