Is it really that bad to only shower every 2 weeks?

This is a serious question. I shower every 2 weeks and when I told someone they looked at me with disgust and shock. I mean I don’t really look/feel dirty or anything and I would rather not waste my time showering more then I feel I need to I just use dry shampoo, hats and perfume. I also brush my teeth every couple days since I just wipe the plaque off with toilet paper and use gum/breath mints.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• You only really need a rinse every day, and the only parts that really need soap *every day* are the pubic region and armpits. Everywhere else, naaa, you don't really need to wash with soap every day, unless you sweat a lot or get dirty.

Using soap too often can strip the skin of natural lipids and oils. But, most people "feel" dirty if they don't wash every day. It's not really necessary.

That said, you should be washing your pubic region and armpits with soap every day.

Ummmmmm... As for the teeth thing, yeah, you need to brush at least twice a day. Do you want your teeth to rot out of your head? That's the worst pain in the world. Even brushing isn't enough to completely remove the plaque. You need to floss, as well, because plaque gets trapped under the gums. You can't wipe that off. Or brush it.

Using a "waterpik" is actually 40% more effective than flossing, and it's a lot easier, so you might think about buying one.

And for the love of all that is holy, girl, brush your teeth twice a day minimum. You'll lose a lot more time and pain in the long run if you don't and you have to go to the dentist to fix your broken teeth. Does that sound enjoyable?

I'm pretty sure this is a troll post, but just to make sure...

0|2
    0|0
  • This has to be a troll. no way anyone is that clueless.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Now I thought before I got into your post I fully expected that you were going to say that you took a bird bath at the sink and washed your essential parts and then took a shower every two weeks. Frankly your dental hygiene is lacking and you really do need to brush at least once a day. Even if you don't brush everyday you should be flossing. My husband brushes his teeth daily but is allergic to flossing. The thing is that when the flesh of the last cow or chicken he devoured starts to rotten in between his teeth I can smell it. Its an awlful putrid smell. If I can smell it I know others can as well. Also as a woman you will develop a greasy white like cheesy substance called smegma around your clitoris. This develops on every woman as well as men around the head of their penis. Smegma smells and in my opinion there is nothing worse than smelling a woman's funky vagina. I am just wondering if you suffer from mental illness because many who do deal with depression don't keep up with their personal hygiene. Maybe this will get you thinking that you need help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok, so the thing that is screaming at me is that you're not solving the problem of hygiene by dry shampoo , hats and wiping your teeth with toilet paper...
    All you're doing is making them seem less bad by covering them up but the problem is still there.
    You should be showering at the least once every two days ( you are young so sweating is going to start to become a problem for you if its not already) and brushing your teeth twice a day.
    Trust me, not doing these things will catch up to you.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• That isn't counted as brushing your teeth and won't have all the benefits. You should at least wash under your arms and tbh more than that at least once a week even in a cold place or if you're not doing heavy activity.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can't speak for male bodies, but as a female, you really need to shower more often. AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRUSH YOUR TEETH. That bacteria is just feeding on your teeth and gums. You might be wiping off the plaque, but you might actually be spreading it and pushing it beneath your gumline. You're quite literally campaigning for cavities and gum disease.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh my, I really hope you’re just a troll. You brush your teeth every couple of days? You know when they will fall, because trust me they will, they won’t regrow ! I just can’t even imagine what’s down there ewww 🤢

0|1
    0|0
  • I shower twice a day. If I am going out for the evening, I will have a third.

0|1
    0|1
  • I’m sorry but why only every 2 Weeks? You should get in the routine of showering everyday or at least everyother day with body wash and a wash cloth bc you don’t wanna smell and have your all greasy and just yuck

0|0
    0|0
  • God yes! I shower every day. I don't wash my hair every time I shower cause it dries it out and makes it brittle.

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as you are not subjecting others to your body odors or if you lack sweat glands, I have no issue with that type of hygiene.

I would perhaps be more worried if you were a little older and sexual intercourse would be an issue for you.

Being under 18, I presume that this is not yet the case.

It is important to keep a certain hygiene on your intimate parts if you plan to have any vaginal penetration so as not to potentially cause some irritations to your partner.

If you are happy about it, go ahead and continue like that. You are not harming anyone

0|0
    0|0
  • All of that mentioned above is disgusting! You need to start getting into the habit of good hygiene! You’re not going to have any teeth when you’re older, if you don’t brush several times a day

0|0
    0|0
  • If I showed only once every two weeks, homeless winos would avoid me because of the stench.

0|1
    0|0
  • You could take a shower in 5mins. It's unhygienic to not do it everyday.

0|1
    0|0
  • eh you do you but I wouldn’t say it’s very hygienic

0|0
    0|0
  • As a that works out guy i have body odour , so i have to shower regularly

0|0
    0|0
  • 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

0|0
    0|0
  • That´s really poor hygiene. Yuck!

1|2
    0|0
  • Ewww!

0|1
    0|0
  • yeah, you nasty. Take a shower every day.

0|2
    0|0
  • Don't you like, smell?

0|0
    0|0
  • That is nasty.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's icky

0|1
    0|0
  • That is disgusting.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ew, gross. You must smell like shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • that is very normal gorl

0|0
    2|3
  • I go without a shower or bath a lot longer than that. Although I'm practically a hermit.

0|0
    0|0
  • -I dont bathe everyday. if am home and not working, I bathe at least by the third day because then I start to feel dirty.
    - if i have a job and am working, I naturally bathe every day

i have to brush my teeth everyday sorry, i dont want dental bills in the future.

0|1
    0|0
  • I dont even go out without showering.. and i shower even though i dont plan on going out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Disgusting

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes