Is it really that bad to only shower every 2 weeks?

This is a serious question. I shower every 2 weeks and when I told someone they looked at me with disgust and shock. I mean I don’t really look/feel dirty or anything and I would rather not waste my time showering more then I feel I need to I just use dry shampoo, hats and perfume. I also brush my teeth every couple days since I just wipe the plaque off with toilet paper and use gum/breath mints.
  • Yes
  • No

1911

Most Helpful Guys

• You only really need a rinse every day, and the only parts that really need soap *every day* are the pubic region and armpits. Everywhere else, naaa, you don't really need to wash with soap every day, unless you sweat a lot or get dirty.

Using soap too often can strip the skin of natural lipids and oils. But, most people "feel" dirty if they don't wash every day. It's not really necessary.

That said, you should be washing your pubic region and armpits with soap every day.

Ummmmmm... As for the teeth thing, yeah, you need to brush at least twice a day. Do you want your teeth to rot out of your head? That's the worst pain in the world. Even brushing isn't enough to completely remove the plaque. You need to floss, as well, because plaque gets trapped under the gums. You can't wipe that off. Or brush it.

Using a "waterpik" is actually 40% more effective than flossing, and it's a lot easier, so you might think about buying one.

And for the love of all that is holy, girl, brush your teeth twice a day minimum. You'll lose a lot more time and pain in the long run if you don't and you have to go to the dentist to fix your broken teeth. Does that sound enjoyable?

I'm pretty sure this is a troll post, but just to make sure...

• This has to be a troll. no way anyone is that clueless.

Most Helpful Girls

• Now I thought before I got into your post I fully expected that you were going to say that you took a bird bath at the sink and washed your essential parts and then took a shower every two weeks. Frankly your dental hygiene is lacking and you really do need to brush at least once a day. Even if you don't brush everyday you should be flossing. My husband brushes his teeth daily but is allergic to flossing. The thing is that when the flesh of the last cow or chicken he devoured starts to rotten in between his teeth I can smell it. Its an awlful putrid smell. If I can smell it I know others can as well. Also as a woman you will develop a greasy white like cheesy substance called smegma around your clitoris. This develops on every woman as well as men around the head of their penis. Smegma smells and in my opinion there is nothing worse than smelling a woman's funky vagina. I am just wondering if you suffer from mental illness because many who do deal with depression don't keep up with their personal hygiene. Maybe this will get you thinking that you need help.

• Ok, so the thing that is screaming at me is that you're not solving the problem of hygiene by dry shampoo , hats and wiping your teeth with toilet paper...
    All you're doing is making them seem less bad by covering them up but the problem is still there.
    You should be showering at the least once every two days ( you are young so sweating is going to start to become a problem for you if its not already) and brushing your teeth twice a day.
    Trust me, not doing these things will catch up to you.