Would you recommend eating a veggie platter twice a week? to decrease the risk of cancer?

I want to eat mixed veggie platters twice a week to decrease my risk of getting cancer. Since they cost a lot I thought I would buy them twice a week.

I also plan on eating garlic and onions and blueberries to prevent cancer

As well I drink coffee 4-6 times a day to prevent liver cancer

I also plan on getting other foods like red bell peppers and egg plant and zucchini and edamame

If I can find berries that are on sale I will probably have other types of berries too like black berry or raspberry or strawberry

15

Most Helpful Guys

• I think if you live a normal life and enjoy those things and believe they help, that helps. the belief is some of it. don't know about the coffee... lot of processing there, so I wonder.
    Also... buy best quality you can find, stuff in stores... how was it grown, what itemshave wax, been irradiated, etc.. I grow my own when I can, farmers markets, try to find best. your nose knows what is best!

• 5 d ago

My parents often complain how terribly meat taste mushy in the US after they return from their visit from their homeland. So I bring them some organic meat when I can.
      I was smelling tomatoes at the veggie stand. You can smell the tartness of ea. compared with mass produced supermartet fruits and veggies. I can't smell the mangos or the guava.. :(
      Def. trust your nose!

• These methods of "preventing cancer" are largely based on research that simply can't account for lifestyle choices. People who eat veggie platters, eat garlic and onions, eat red bell peppers, egg plant, zucchini, and edamame, berries, etc, all are typically from the middle-upper class and live a healthier lifestyle in general.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always have some fresh fruits and veggies (if can get from farmers markets) in every meal with diff. colors and taste. Its okay to skip a meal here and there... you will feel more comfortable being able to eliminate daily.
    I have always been on similar diet, but every one is diff.