Did you ever have a thyroid problem but no doctor would treat it because your numbers looked ok?

I've struggled with multiple things after I finished menopause. I was on hormone treatment for quite a while but it really never worked that well it just kept me going. I now have chronic fatigue. I've always been a slow person but this is like being a sloth.

I have multiple small thyroid nodules (goiters) and my mom had thyroid problems on and off from the age of 32 until the end of her life which she took medication for. Because my numbers are still within range I can't get treatment. The very first doctor I saw years ago thought I had hypothyroid just by looking at my eyes but the numbers came back ok except for one and he upped my estrogen. He's gone concierge which means you pay a set amount per year to see him so I haven't gone back.

It's frustrating struggling with fatigue and multiple other things when it might just be my thyroid. There are a few doctors out there who will try just a very low dose of something to see if symptoms go away. One of my doctors told me she'd try it if my endocrinologist ok'd it but he wouldn't. I was in his office pointing to the hypothyroid chart saying I have all those symptoms. My GI doctor even told me you have an endocrine problem. That's what's causing your GI problems that I never had before.

Has anyone gone through this struggle fighting to get treatment until finally someone tried to treat it and you got better?

For now I'm going to try things like seaweed and other foods so I can get something done in life.
1
1