Have you lost the weight but still feel and think you are fat even though you know you are not?

I used to think anorexia type of disorders were partially BS. How could a scrawny person full of bones believe they are fat was my thought.

I let myself get out of shape for a while (mostly in my 40's). I got used to hearing comments against me such as "Fat ass, Baby Hippo, Tubby, Lard ass, Gut Butt" and so on and my brain seemed to accept that as reality. However, I got myself into shape and lost 76 pounds in 1.5 years as you can see my pic below.

I look in the mirror and can see my ab muscles. I can see myself fitting in medium sized clothing and no longer XXL shirts and size 38 pants (Today my shirts are medium and my waist is now 30 in jeans).

However, I have problems seeing myself as fat at times. My sister told me that I am good right where I am at and asked me to not lose any more weight. I did gain a few pounds this month and it started to depress me. I have been hitting the gym very hard and have reduced the number of calories/meals I had been eating. I lost 6 pounds in one week as my weight went up to 182 I certainly am not starving myself. My lowest weight was 165 but I am no longer trying to be that weight. I am trying to build muscle so I am not looking to be a scrawny guy at all so do not assume that. If I see anything jiggle on me is when my brain shouts, "Fat ass!"

Some guy at work today asked me about how my Thanksgiving went and I told him that I overate and he said, "Well your thin so you can handle it." It is as though my old brain has not yet caught up with the new me. I did not feel thin and felt funny hearing that comment as it is foreign to what I heard before.

Let me clarify that I know I am ok and am not fat. I can distinguish the lies from the truth. I'm simply referring to my brain saying crap that is inconsistent to what I see.

Is this a problem for anyone else who has lost weight where you know you are thin but your brain says that you are fat?
2
1