When you can't remember something, do you believe there's benefit in waiting, thinking, trying to recall, or do you just look up the answer?

AmandaYVR
Superintelligence Through Artificial Computational Brains Meridian Magazine
Have you ever experimented with this, and have you found it (your brain) gets better, sharper, your memory improves at all, or any other benefit?
Do you think we are over-reliant on machines to store all our data? Or are we trying to store more than our brains can handle?
After what amount of time do you typically give up and look things up?
I believe it's good brain training to wait and try to recall the information. I try to do that first for a while.
I have no problem with the internet and tools of today being our meta brains and holding much of our memory and knowledge. I don't try to remember stuff much.
GirlGuy
7
5