Goldfish question. My fish keep staying at the top even though I've done multiple things. What is going on?

sejla
My daughter brought home goldfish about 4 years ago from the county fair. One passed and we got another one from her friend who had the same ones from the fair because who knew goldfish have to be in pairs or they get depressed.

Anyway. The two fish are in a 10 gallon tank which is probably too small but I'm holding out. I have a filter on it. An aerator. And I just did another tank water change. It has clear water but not too clean so there is enough bacteria. They grew a bit when we moved from our moldy apartment we were living in. It's like at least one of them had a growth spurt.

I did a half tank change last night partially because the water was low from evaporation. I vacuumed the bottom of the tank and replaced the water with conditioner treated spring water. Now they hanging around the top again. I'm afraid they are going to get bloat.

Post Note: I feed them dry flies, goldfish flakes and granules, brine shrimp and peas during the week. GAG picked health and fitness and there wasn't a pet section so I left it.
5 mo
Was able to put in a spare water filter that I bought and never returned. It was slightly defected because it would make a vibration noise. I think the uptake spout wasn't made quite right. I was going to return it but I never did. Now with two water filters running the fish aren't going to the top or very little. Will be interesting how much my electric bill will go up though. This way I don't have to move them to a bigger tank maybe until I move the next time.
13
2