Have you ever been addicted to exercise to the point it was interfering with your responsibilities?

sjoes006
When I was 21 it was y escape from graduating and moving on to law school or whatever. I’d run then swim training for Triathlon I never went on.

I was really getting after it today after work in the gym of the hotel I’ve been staying at for work. My Fiancé called and I talked to him for a minute and then finally just said babe I need 10 more minutes of the machine can I call you back? Then went extra hard.

This guy looked at me like I was crazy. At the time I was thinking, this might be the only one of two times I get to workout all week- have to make it count.

But my guy was a little hurt. It’s hard to make time right now. We are both busy and living different schedules. Still I thought 5 minutes that turned to 10 minutes.

Then I ran the stairs when I got off the phone with him. He had to take his Mom to the airport, I didn’t end the call. But still, I guess I should have gotten off the elliptical when he called or soon after?

He let me know he was getting a haircut so I thought I had time to workout. I’m terrified of gaining weight while I’m away on business traveling for about 3 months.

I’m often tired at the end of the day and can’t get up early enough in the morning to workout due to jet lag.

Still- I noticed today that my old exercise addiction of long years past is creeping its way back in. I don’t count calories in a journal, I just dint have a set schedule or routine anymore with workout. So when I can workout I try to make it count but that’s a spiral.

Anyone who can relate?
9
5