Can generally HAPPY people have DEPRESSION (or any other mental illness causing them to hide their real emotions)?

SomeGUYonGAG
Can generally HAPPY people have DEPRESSION (or any other mental illness causing them to hide their real emotions)?
Watching a bit from Robin Williams made me think of this question. I know that depression itself didn't contribute to his suicide, but it's still a good talking point.

I feel like my whole life was lived wearing a mask. I suffer from mental disorder that makes me lose control over my emotions. When I'm around other people I tend to basically put up an act and try to be happy. I try to help others feel better when they're having a bad day, like when my mother has had a rough day I'd show her a funny video I found or tell her a funny joke, but when I'm alone in my room I sometime cry and beat myself up. I just don't want others to feel depressed and/or angry because I know how much it sucks. Another reason I hide these emotions is because when I was a kid my mother would yell and berate me if I'm having negative emotions, and she still do this, so I usually feel like I'm not allowed to be sad or angry. I'm still learning how to be in tune with my real emotions.
They can
Vote A
They can't
Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Add Opinion