How would you feel if you got diagnosed with a life threatening illness or disease?

Neko911
I'm asking because I always get questioned asked by my friends because I have a disease that will one day kill me. I actually got diagnosed at I believe 12 years old. Currently I'm mostly healthy but will deteriorate over time and am expected to have a life expectancy of 35-45 years. And over the course of the years to come am expected to start losing the functions of certain muscles in my body. And weirdly enough even finding this out as a kid it never really bothered me. I'm not sure why but I just never really cared. To me it was what it was. But people always seem to get sad for me or think I'm weird when they find out. So I always wondered how others would feel if they found out like me they have something that will kill them n so many years. Would they be fine with it, or would they be heart broken and not know how to deal with it
6
2