How would you feel if you got diagnosed with a life threatening illness or disease?

Neko911
I'm asking because I always get questioned asked by my friends because I have a disease that will one day kill me. I actually got diagnosed at I believe 12 years old. Currently I'm mostly healthy but will deteriorate over time and am expected to have a life expectancy of 35-45 years. And over the course of the years to come am expected to start losing the functions of certain muscles in my body. And weirdly enough even finding this out as a kid it never really bothered me. I'm not sure why but I just never really cared. To me it was what it was. But people always seem to get sad for me or think I'm weird when they find out. So I always wondered how others would feel if they found out like me they have something that will kill them n so many years. Would they be fine with it, or would they be heart broken and not know how to deal with it
How would you feel if you got diagnosed with a life threatening illness or disease?
Add Opinion