I think I'm depressed and the only person who bring me comfort is my mother?

Anonymous
This is something that's been escalating for a few years. In times before I always thought to myself I'm having a bad day, or a bad week, or I've got a lot going on right now and I'm stressed out, and it'll be fine when everything is sorted out. I didn't want to use the word depressed unless it was serious so always came up with other answers. Fast forward a few years and I overeat and then vomit as a coping mechanism. It's almost as if I feel back in control after vomiting. I've been doing this for months now and the other morning I had a break down and soon after it just clicked. I need help. I've got a session lined up with a clinical psychologist tomorrow evening. I also feel guilty though, because it's like the only person that can comfort me is my mother. And I think my boyfriend of four years is trying to support and comfort me but is starting to feel neglected, because I'm starting to exchange our time for time with my mom. I also think he's feeling as though I don't feel comforted by him. I don't know how to put it in words, but my moms comfort is just different and I kind of crave that right now. Any advice?
2
0