I think I might be lactose intolerant? Are these symptoms?

Anonymous
When I was younger I’ve always gotten an upset stomach whenever I’d eat some dairy products, but I don’t know if it is just because I barely ate them because i didn’t like them. I never liked drinking milk as a child and I rarely ever did, I’ve also ALWAYS hated yogurt and I would never go out of my way to eat cheese but if it was on something I’d eat it. However I’ve always loved icecream and used to eat it fairly often when I was younger, and I don’t think that I recall many bad reactions to that.

But about 2 years ago, I completely stopped drinking milk or having it in anything (I switched to almond milk) but I would still eat cheese if it was on something. I barely ate icecream anymore just for the sole fact that I was trying to eat healthier and the idea of milk grosses me out.

This week I’ve had icecream on a few different days and each time I’ve felt extremely stomach sick and felt pain and gotten diarrhea. I don’t know if it’s just because I haven’t eaten milk products much in like 2 years, but I’ve also always had trouble digesting it when I was younger. So is it possible that I am lactose intolerant? Or is there like an in between thing where it’s not a full intolerance but more like a harder to digest type of thing. Or is it possible to develop intolerance from lack of consuming dairy products?
2
2