Why are people make excuse for why the are overweight?

Anonymous
I was eating out with a friend that if obese, and see told me that she doesn't eat badly. But still putting on the weight, yet the doctors say that they can't find anything wrong with her. Yet, every time we hang out she's always orders a large pizza with all the trimming and a very large full fat creamy hot chocolate. Also she say that we eat the same. Yet, I am healthy a weight and she is getting fatter for both of us. I on the other work out 2 times a week. Also, been diagnosed with an over active thyroid, and when eating out I always order a baked sweet potato, with a salad. Which is why it annoys me, when she keeps. bring up her weight. I even told her I would pay for a gym membership for her, but she said that she would like to try swimming first, it's been 3 years and she hasn't even been near a pool. Yet, she has gained 4st making her obese. I have been shopping with her a number of times, and on may occasions have seen her eating family size chocolate bars, crisps and candy. I also have seen her eat, a six people serving cake by herself, wash down, with a litre bottle of cola. I know she's not happy with her weight, and her health is getting very bad, I've tried to talk to her, but she keeps telling me it's a medical condition. I have a medical condition and I am a healthy weight. Also, I don't want to say too much as I don't want her to think I am fat shaming her. Also, because of the body positive movement, I can't tell her that's she killing herself, as most of the body positive woman aren't healthy weights to begin with, which is just wrong. As shown in the picture below.
Add Opinion