Is it possible that COVID-19 has been around us longer than we think it has?

Anonymous
I live in Denmark.

My boyfriend was sick a week in January. He said it felt like malaria, meaning he felt very ill more than usual when sick (we obviously doesn't have malaria here, hasn't been travelling lately, he has had malaria before a couple of times so he knows how it feels and is usually not a cry baby when sick). I didn't see him that week, so I didn't get sick.

Skip forward to now.

I am sick, all the symptoms of corona is there (sore throat, fever, body ache, running nose, coughing and difficulty breathing and more than one week of this). We have been together indoor for two weeks in a very small apartment, but he doesn't get sick.

I don't get it. Is it possible he had corona in January before we learned about it here and there was a period where the virus could spread under the radar because they tried to keep it secret in China at first?
1
0