Does anyone have or know anything about personality disorders?

Anonymous
I’m mostly asking because I think I have one. I’m not going to get into the details of why, because that would take too long, but when I look at the criterion online, I fit all of them. And I fit the reasons that people develop it.

And I know you’re not supposed to self-diagnose, but I’m not really in a position where I can see a therapist, for multiple reasons. And I also know that most people with personality disorders don’t know they have one. But according to my research, of all of the personality disorders, people with avoidant personality disorder, the one I think I have, are the most likely to figure it out on their own and realize that they have a problem. They just don’t usually see a psychologist about it.

I just figured I’d ask. Because I’ve felt like I’m drowning for years now, and I’m coming up on deadlines soon, and I’m not going to able to make them. It’s my own fault. I knew what I was doing. I don’t know why I did it, I have plenty of reasons but none of them really outweigh the fact that just doing the work would be so much easier than what I do instead. But that’s what I did. And here we are. And I’m freaking out, but still not doing anything about it. This is the best thing I could think to do that wouldn’t cause me to make myself sick with anxiety.

Thanks!
1
0