My continued quarantine has me feeling like a bad employee now. should I go back to work?

Anonymous
I am in an area with a moderate amount of cases. With my job I have little to no contact with people but the chance to interact with people is still there. My job is considered essential but they gave us the option to not work if we don't feel comfortable. I started off working it but continued to interact with people. I decided to go into quarantine when I heard you could pass it along with out knowing that you have it.
so I have been quarantining for 5 weeks. I got an email from my boss asking if I wanted to come back but if I didn't we could work out a personal leave. I said I was thinking about waiting one more week and going back. I told him this and he did not respond to me. Its been 15 hrs and normally he replies within 15 min. Then this morning he sends a mass email thanking everyone for their efforts in this tough time and he is seeing a lot of good work. I feel like this is a slight at me and I feel like he expected me to return and is mad now. Now I am starting to feel guilty and debating if I should just return now.

Do you think I should go back or is it ok to continue to monitor it?
its fine to want to stay qurantined.
Time to work.
GirlGuy
1
1