Why did Drs Consider Toulouse Lautrec’ height stunted “due to under developed Legs” 🤔🧐🤨 27.5 inches is perfectly NORMAL inseam for 4 ft 8 height?

Why did Drs Consider Toulouse Lautrec’ height stunted “due to under developed Legs” 🤔🧐🤨 27.5 inches is perfectly NORMAL inseam for 4 ft 8 height?
As to WHY I’m thinking of this...

Long series of events in my mind has brought me to this query. Initially, I was simply looking at paintings.

Henri Marie Raymond de Toulouse-Lautrec-Monfa (24 November 1864 – 9 September 1901), was a French painter, printmaker, draughtsman , caricaturist, and illustrator. His best known works resulting from deep immersion in the colorful and theatrical life of Paris in the late 19th century.

Toulouse-Lautrec is among the best-known painters of the Post-Impressionist period, with Paul Cézanne, Vincent van Gogh, and Paul Gauguin.

Toulouse-Lautrec's parents, the Comte and Comtesse, were first cousins. He suffered poor health all his life. His congenital defects were attributed to the familial inbreeding (his grandmothers were sisters).

At the age of 13, Toulouse-Lautrec fractured his right femur, and at 14, he fractured his left femur. The breaks did not heal properly. Afterward, his legs ceased to grow, so that as an adult he was (1.42 M or 4 ft 8 in).

It is said He developed an adult-sized torso while retaining his child-sized legs (27. 5 inches 0.6985 M).

25- 27 inches is considered NORMAL Inseam for an adult person between 5 ft and 5 ft 3- which is significantly taller then his 4 ft 8. I find the insistence his height was due to his “ child size” legs with “ adult torso” very puzzling and bizarre. His legs are 27.5 inches. His Overall height 56 inches.

Yes he was relatively short, but his legs were not _disproportionately_ short. Yet his legs being “stunted and torso being fully developed” being the cares of excessive leg/ torso discrepancy, is emphasized in every document.

Possibly they are counting his leg length from waist to floor. Not the inseam. That would make a considerable difference, However, legs are typically measures from inseam. It would be sloppy. Therefore unlikely considering the magnitude of attention his case received.
Maybe they measured from waist to floor, not inseam to floor
Vote A
The family was rich and powerful.. Maybe they thought it sounded better to say he would’ve been 6 feet tall if he reached normal height, rather than 5 feet tall it looked like he was headed for if he continued growing normally. (Be realistic. 27 inch legs at 13. He was never going to be “ tall”)
Vote B
Maybe they meant his torso was fully developed width wise, whilst the legs were still scrawny.
Vote C
I don’t think they really thought properly about what they were saying.
Vote D
His legs did break. He did not grow much after. Both Statements are true. Maybe it was just simpler to say he did not grow bc of his leg. Even though they were not an normal length, based on height. ( though if that were the case that is oddly sloppy)
Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
GirlGuy
Updates:
16 d
Does anyone have 27 inch inseam?

If so, I assume you function normally, bc it is not an outrageously impossible length.

Case in point :

Micheal Phelps Is the most decorated Olympian of all time, with a total of 28 medals. He holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals. Olympic gold medals in individual events, and Olympic medals in individual events

Height: 1.93 meters (6.4 ft)
Legs 30 inches (0.762 meter)

He broke his first world record at the age of 15.
16 d
Anyone have 27 inch inseam?

I assume you function normally, as it is not an “outrageously impossible” length.

Case in point : Micheal Phelps.

The most decorated Olympian of all time. Total of 28 medals. Holds the all-time records for Olympic gold medals. Olympic gold medals in individual events. Olympic medals in individual events

Height: 1.93 meters (6.4 ft)
Legs 30 inches (0.762 meter)

He broke his first world record at the age of 15, less than a year after his first performance.
Add Opinion