What happens if you get checked into a mental hospital with no health insurance?

Anonymous
I’m just wondering, because I’m kind of a mess. For reasons that I’m not going to get into. I have been for a long time. And I can’t tell people because they’d think I’m crazy. And I can’t afford to get help. Things only seem to be getting worse. I feel like it can only go so far before something drastic happens. I don’t know what it’s going to be. But I know that my family has a history of hallucinogenic and delusional disorders, and that those can be triggered by stress. And I already feel so close to snapping.

I know that medical debt is the number one cause of bankruptcy in the US. So that worries me. Since I don’t see any way to stop the spiral.

Basically, if anyone has any information about how things like that are paid for, and how much they cost, when payment is expected, etc., it would be much appreciated.

I know it’s kind of a shot in the dark. But I can’t talk about things like this to people who know who I am.
1
1