Have any of you taken the drug Gabapentin (I mean Under a DRs recommendation~NOT recreationally 😛🤓)?

Gabapentin is used with other medications to prevent and control seizures. It is also used to relieve nerve pain in adults. Gabapentin is known as an anticonvulsant or antiepileptic drug.

Gabapentin can produce feelings of relaxation, calmness and euphoria. Some users have reported that the high from snorted gabapentin can be similar to taking a stimulant. It can also enhance the euphoric effects of other drugs, like heroin and other opioids, and is likely to increase the risks when taken in this way.

Dizziness and drowsiness are common gabapentin side effects. Weight gain and uncoordinated movement are possible side effects.

There are indications that hair loss could be a side effect of gabapentinuse. Articles from both 2009 and 2011 suggest that hair loss might be a lasting effect of gabapentin treatment

FDA warns gabapentin, may cause serious breathing problems. Gabapentinand pregabalin are associated with serious breathing problems when used with central nervous system depressants or in patients with lung problems, according to a Dec. 19 drug safety alert from the Food and Drug Administration.

In mouse study, nerve pain drug gabapentin promotes regeneration of neural circuits. Summary: Long-term treatment with gabapentin, a commonly prescribed drug for nerve pain, could help restore upper limb function after a spinal cord injury, new research in mice suggests.

Chronic administration of gabapentin may cause increase in neurodegenerative changes in the adult brain.

FDA is warning that serious, life-threatening, and fatal respiratory depression has been reported with the gabapentinoids, gabapentin.

>>>> 🤔 I’m feeling a lot of action in the CON list. 🤨😐
Yes. Details below.
No.
GirlGuy
1 mo
Ok let me clarify Bc I see the way I sort ether post it can look like I’m debating.

No. I have decided to NOT take it. I was Just Wanting to see if this was a reasonable decision.

Also I’m interested to know if anyone on here had been Prescribed it for the reasons I was, snd if guys chose not to take it, what were the alternatives, if any.. I don’t want to discuss that on a post.

So if any of you are interested in or wiling to message me, I’d be up for discussing it.

Thank You 💜
15
4