Why is it that doctors do not teach anorexics what to eat because a person can eat very little and still be healthy?

twagner
I have spent many years studying food and eating. When I was 16, I ate only 1000 calories a day for 6 months and I am male who is 6'3" so it was was major calorie restriction.

My parents got very worried and brought me to the doctor who did all a bunch of tests. My doctor was amazed at the results because everything was excellent in spite at of how little I ate. He asked how much I ate and I told him about 1000 cals a day, and he laughed nervously and asked how could I be so healthy and I told him that calories are pretty much meaningless. It all about giving your body what it needs. I told him our bodies need air, water, protein, fat, and various vitamins and minerals, and that is about it.

The doctor told my parents to leave me alone about eating and actually said to them "He knows way more about food and the body than I do." This was all a long time ago.

I have learned a lot more since that visit. Now I actually have doctors asking me about what to do about their problems because when I tell them all about the chemical reactions in their bodies that happen when they take various pills they really do not know what to say. Several doctors have asked me why I am not a doctor and I them that it is boring. Most will give a half laugh and agree.
1
6