How do you cope with being extremely insecure?

Anonymous
I hate the way I look. Some days I just wake up and look in the mirror and cry. My mom is this beautiful lady, and even some of my male friends are creepily attracted to her. My dad is a very unattractive overweight man. I’m not sure how he managed to get my mom to sleep with him, but I look like a clone of my father. I got his thin lips, his giant forehead, his big nose, the permanent bags under his eyes, and more. I try my best to look pretty, but it typically doesn’t work out. I’ve struggled with eating disorders because I’ve always been insecure about my weight. My body is ok looking at the moment because I exercise a lot. But I hate looking at my own face. My hair doesn’t grow very long and so I usually wear extensions. My face just looks like an old man and I hate looking at it. Often times I imagine peeling my face off with a vegetable peeler because I hate it so much. I don’t want to feel like this anymore. If I could afford it I’d reconstruct my whole face with plastic surgery. I don’t want to feel like this forever.
How do you cope with being extremely insecure?
Add Opinion