Have you ever been imprisoned at a hospital?

Anonymous
It happened to me: I was admitted to hospital back in 2014 for an autoimmune disease (that I have now cured myself of) and I was fed up not giving me my biologic to put me in remission.

I made plans to unscrew my i. v. from the center and make my way down to the lobby at night as I knew the discharge desk would be closed, as soon as I exited my room to leave a nurse with a flashlight (she was doing her night time checkups) grabbed my arm and began holding me by the waist.

She said if I resist I can be charged with assault as I was not allowed to leave. She called over two other nurses and I was placed in makeshift hobble and wrist ties (ankles and wrists tied apart for mobility). I was discharged (or rather released) two days later.
I found this experience unusual for a hospital which does not have detainees like a psychiatric hospital does.
1
1