Have you ever been a blood donor? If not, is there any reason (medical, biological, lifestyle, religious, fear) behind not beign one?

AlienParasite
I wanted to donate blood, because I feel that if I had an accident I would want the hospital to have blood for me if I need it and I find expecting people to give me blood when I needed but not doing the same for them selfish.

And so, I went today to donate blood. Unfortunately I have tendency to low-blood pressure and I fainted when I was half way. I've been recommended by doctors and nurses not too donate blood again unless my blood-pressure average stats rise enaugh with age.

I know some people who can't because of having thinner veins than the average, under epilepsy medication or having a heart murmur.

So what about you? Have you ever donated blood?
8
3