Why did I get spotting out of nowhere Instead of a proper period?

Anonymous
Okay so the full story is that my periods have always been irregular, I went on the pill like around December of 2019 to regulate my cycle a bit more. I took the pills for 3 months up until March 2020. Then when I went off the pill my periods never came back for 7-8 months, and now currently for 2 days I've been spotting red and pinkish blood randomly out of nowhere.

First it showed up in my regular discharge then it started to show up outside of it when I sometimes wiped myself... I thought it was my period starting up cause for the past 2 years that's how my period started (With spotting and then an actual flow, whether it is light or heavy). But this time round I saw little spots of blood not leading to a proper period flow. And now 2 days later after spotting on and off there's no spotting at all... my period didn't even start up 🤷🏻‍♀️
1
3