What to do if your partner uses mental health issues as an excuse for behavior?

Anonymous
Based off of my boyfriend’s family history, there’s a few people that do have depression and bipolar disorder. However, he’s never been diagnosed with it. I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety when I have no family history of mental illness. Anyway, he had to take certain medications for the headaches he got for not sleeping properly at night. He did his research about the medicine he was taking (which is an antidepressant) and he started to believe that he was in someway depressed. I told him that just because he’s taking an antidepressant doesn’t necessarily mean he has a mental health issue.

But while taking the medicine, he started to act different like being really obnoxious or sad out of nowhere. I tried to discuss it with him and he kept on saying that it was the medicine or his “depression” that made him act this way. Even if it is true (it’s not because he’s seen multiple doctors and they have all concluded he is okay), using a mental health issue as an excuse for behavior he’s conducting everyday is horrible. I never blame my anxiety for the way act even though that might be the driving force behind it. I’m not sure maybe I’m wrong. Tell me what you guys think.
You’re right
He’s right
Could go both ways
Vote C
Both of you are wrong
Vote D
None of the above
Vote E
GirlGuy
0
1