Do homeostasis levels of emotions change as we age or due to life circumstances?

marrk
Up until this fall, I struggled with anger issues (nothing violent) but I also loved very passionately and deeply. When I began my career as a middle school teacher, I noticed a change in my emotional reactions. I also broke up with my ldr right before school which was hard, but because of COVID, our chances of seeing each other again plummeted. I was hurt, but we talk once a week as friends.
These two things are the only things I can think of as being responsible for my new emotional homeostasis level. I wouldn’t say I am apathetic now, but when someone does something that would usually anger me-like destroying something of mine or sharing a vulnerable story of mine, I don’t get as upset. I forgive easily and feel less detached from my personal stories. Is this a part of growing up or a symptom of one of those two life changes?
I also have been praying every day for longer periods since the shutdown so maybe that also has something to do with it?
Do homeostasis levels of emotions change as we age or due to life circumstances?
Add Opinion