Do homeostasis levels of emotions change as we age or due to life circumstances?

marrk
Up until this fall, I struggled with anger issues (nothing violent) but I also loved very passionately and deeply. When I began my career as a middle school teacher, I noticed a change in my emotional reactions. I also broke up with my ldr right before school which was hard, but because of COVID, our chances of seeing each other again plummeted. I was hurt, but we talk once a week as friends.
These two things are the only things I can think of as being responsible for my new emotional homeostasis level. I wouldn’t say I am apathetic now, but when someone does something that would usually anger me-like destroying something of mine or sharing a vulnerable story of mine, I don’t get as upset. I forgive easily and feel less detached from my personal stories. Is this a part of growing up or a symptom of one of those two life changes?
I also have been praying every day for longer periods since the shutdown so maybe that also has something to do with it?
1
3