Which is better: private or public health care?

kitty71
I have heard mixed opinions about it. Some prefer public others private for whatever reasons they may have.

In the country I live for example we have a public health public system usually provided by the government through national healthcare systems. that are lets say for free for the ones who are insured by the public system,, so when they go to consultations at public hospitals or clincis they dont pay anything at that moment, it is already paid automatically by the country government in different ways, but at that moment of the appointment you dont have to disburse any money it is alreayd paid by the country that is why in some say the public healthy system is paid by all and it is for free in some way. The cons of public health system in my country is because is the cheapest way of being insured, aslo there are many bureocratic requirements when you are assisted at a public hospital or clinic, you have to make long lines to get attended, doctors appointments who work for the public hospitals or clinics may give appointments for like 6 months in the future or even more, but that is the cost of public medicine here cause it is given by free. But some say the equipment and the doctors who work for the public system are top notch and they ahve a good way to treat patients (of course as everything there are exceptions of doctors who can treat bad a patient as in everything) and being insured by the public system is much better than the private one.

Then it comes the private medicine: Private health care can be provided through “for profit” hospitals and self-employed practitioners, and “not for profit” non-government providers, including faith-based organizations. Here in the private medicine you call for an appointment and you are given the appointment right away depending on the doctors own schedule but here you have to pay immediately the appointment after it is finished and the money goes
Updates:
6 mo
right in the doctors direct pocket. Then if you are treated in a private hospital, you are even charged by the cotton ball they used on you, no kidding!! and the hospital days stays as well. Where I live if you end up in a ICU at the private place, even the private institution tells it is better the patient be moved to the ICU ward at the public hospital, as here the ICU are very good at the public hospitals, other waise it be super expensive being at the ICU at private hospitals. unlike the
6 mo
public medicine where the doctors who assists patients at public institutions, they dotn charge for their consultation,, the government does in some way it is already paid. People who private insurance use here private hospitals, but not eveyrone can afford private medicine where I live, maybe the people who have lots of money to be assisted only py private clinics as they say it is better private medicine and top notch. People with money and chic dont get near a public hospital or clinic.
Add Opinion