Started a new job in June. My health insurance starts soon, when is it okay to step out for a doctor's appointment?

Anonymous
I started a new job in June. My health insurance begins coverage soon. I have arthritis in one ankle as a result of a bad break a few years ago. The pain has been especially bad lately, and I'd like to schedule a doctor appointment when my coverage starts. I had an appointment with a foot and ankle specialist a while back, but it was canceled when COVID hit, and in the meantime I was laid off, and wasn't able to reschedule. Now that I have coverage I'd like to go back. At my last appointment, the doctors had implied that eventually I might need surgery to help my ankle, possibly a joint replacement. How do I manage this when I haven't been at my job very long?
0
1