15 d

If a 7 year-old doesn't believe in Santa Claus anymore, do you continue lying or say the truth?

Anonymous
My 7 year-old godson has seems streetsmart for his age. Once he figures things out, you can't BS him. He already knows there is no toothfairy. He faked falling asleep and caught his mother putting the quarters. Just recently on Christmas Eve his father was disguised as Santa Claus and putting all the presents.

The next morning, he said along the lines ''Thank you for the presents daddy.'' We all tried to say it was Santa Claus because he's been a good child. This was his reply
''Santa Claus isn't real. My father was Santa. He had daddy's tanned color, his same weight, height and glasses. No one can give too much gifts to thousands of kids like me. And reindeers don't fly. Doesn't exist.''

A couple relatives were trying to continue the lie. He wasn't buying it anymore. I was straight forwards and said that indeed, we are his Santa Claus and that yes it was his father.
15 d
He's a very, very observant kid. He isn't fooled easily. It just sucks he figures things faster and already knows what is real and what isn't.
4
0