What it's like growing up hairy

What it's like growing up hairy

Hi all. Welcome to my Mytake :)

I'm hairy and also a girl which is viewed as disgusting. Yes I find it weird that the hair on my arms, legs and everywhere on my body that I was born with is found disgusting. I can't do anything about it. I get my hairy genes from my dad's side. How am I so sure? My mum has never shaved her legs her whole life and she didn't know people did that. Her legs have no hair and so do all my cousins on my mum's side of the family. Her uncles, sisters, brothers...all hair free. But on my dad's side there is hair you can see from a mile away. I think it may have to do with the fact my grandpa is from India but I don't know.

1. You have hair everywhere

2. Pretty much your whole body needs shaving

3. You always were hairier than anyone your age

4. The hair grew back and you had to shave it again quicker than most people

5. Even some dudes told you to shave.

6. Finally, the ridiculous jokes made about your hairiness

Tadie has more hair on her arms than on her head" - my best friend

Thank you guys for reading this Mytake. Please leave a like and share it with your friends. Have a great rest of the day <3

2023

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• Hair is made up collagen. I wonder if because your body is making tons of this collagen that your skin will also stay more supple as you age. Maybe that is a positive to this?

If you hate your hair, you could try electrolysis. It only lasts for 5 or so years, but I hear that the hair will not grow back to the same thickness as it did before. Of course, this will require money, but if it is that important to you, you can always save up for it.

• sounds expensive

• Removing the loose skin after weight loss.

• Well correction, I believe bariatric surgery is like gastric bypass for weight loss.

Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), mastopexy (breast lift), inner thigh lifts, and brachioplasty (arm lift) is what I was referring to. Those procedures can cost $10,000+ for all of them.

I think if I needed any of those it will be a tummy tuck. My arms, legs, chest, etc. all seem to be fine, but there will be no way to know until I get my body fat down to 15% or so.

• I once traveled to Sri Lanka for vacation.
    We visited this plantation way into the tropical country, where they had leaves, flowers and trees in all shapes and colors. Our tour guide made us try this weird gel they had. Since they couldn't try on my stepmom or sister (already shaved everywhere unless head). So my gorilla look alike dad and I had alittle rubbed on just abit above our knees, and within 2 seconds, that whole area was completely hairless. Gel just killed the hair at the root promt. Did grow back in some time though, but at least no harsh razors or foam was needed there. (heard shaving might even enrouage more hair growth dunno if myth)

Girls didn't believe it and thought it was a trick, but nope
    I really can't remember the name of the gel / which plant it is made from. and probably very hard to find on market/ internet due to marketing and bulking agents. could imagine insane price aswell.

Maybe this is research for you gals lol, cause I kind off like my hairs.

• I know of a few ladies that would kill for the name of that gel/plant. Do you remember any other details about it to help me research?

• Same thing happened to me. My mom's side is hairless but my dad's side is hairy. I got it from his side. It sure does suck even though I'm a guy. Too scared of the pain from getting waxed. I only shave my pubic and belly area. Someday there will be a healthy method to permenantly get rid of all unwanted body hair.

• Society shames women into thinking hair is unnatural for them and sadly. most women believe that.

• If you do laser hair removal... it should work or greatly reduce it...
    check it out when you get older... or ask your parents if you can do it..

• Mary Magdalene was imagined hairy:

www.newstalk.com/.../...0_news_hub_multi_630x0.jpg

• It wouldn't really worry me about a girl. I knew some lovely furry girls

• That's terrifying... so hairy... like a monkey.

Do you know if the laser treatment work on your whole body? Wouldn't it be great to be able to go completely hairless (except the head) for like 6 months at a time?

• "What It's Like Growing Up Hairy"
    *Click the take out of curiosity*
    *Reads the take* ... "You have hair everywhere"

Wow OP, thank you for that incredible insight lmao.

• To me, women, girls, and trans-girls are beautiful, sexy, pretty, gorgeous, and cute regardless how they look. That includes hairy girls too. never had a hairy girlfriend before. I think it would be unique to date a hairy woman. It would probably take me 4 hours give or take to find the center of her Tootsie Roll with all the hair covering it. If I get her hair in my mouth, then it was worth it.

• Idont have hair. never had hairy legs or arms or body. I even started loosing hair on my head, i used to get teased about the lack of specially when doing sports at school ,, like you have legs like a girl i use to say thank you and took it as a compliment...

• I was going to say - it's great - but then I'm a guy, and girls always found it very interesting (to have a furry creature next to them, I guess to feel feminine).
    In your case though, yikes, trouble - I remember a pretty girl who was quite hairy, but how you solve that - gees, no idea...

• Dayum... sucks to be you. Its good that you're not like some guys that need their back shaved regularly.

• Coolsville

• Life growing up hairy is Much less painful life than people who waxed on the way 😂😂😂

• Slightly painful at times, when the hair got caught in something or somehow burned in the pants.

• Hair on women's bodies isn't attractive, regardless of what you think or feel about it, peoples response to it will just keep on being the same because it's natural for them to react that way. Human beings have a nature after all. To argue with that nature is the same as arguing with the wind for blowing or the sky for being blue. That would be incredibly stupid or crazy. Get out a razor and shave or put up with people being repulsed, it's how it is.

• Women grow hair naturally though... So you're saying its unnatural for women to naturally grow hair?

• I just think men aren't attracted to women after talking to you. Thanks. And I won't change my body to please a man.

• @Warmapplecrumble Up to you, women have gotten by without men before, it can be done.

• Interesting myTake

• i love women who have body hair there honestly more attractive and all natural.

• I see Derek Hale

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 19

• Well I'm also fairly hairy for a girl. My body hair is brown so stands out, and the hair on my legs and arms are about an average of 2cm in length. I have not a lot but visible hair on my stomach and breasts, some on the edge of both ends of my lips, and the ends of my eyebrows have visible hair that connects to my head hair. As a kid the only time someone said about it was my cousins who called me hairy, i didn't care, wasn't insecure and hadn't for along time until about a few months ago when my boyfriend expressed how he doesn't like it, we have had multiple debates over it and now its got to the point when i see my hair i think of the upset its caused and if i were to get rid of it he would feel guilty unless i wanted to get rid of it. But Im not going to shave, and I'm not going to waist money on creams or waxing. And he naturally has very little hair on his body only place where there is more is his lower legs and slight lip stubble that he gets rid of. Its just frustrating cause I am (well was) fine with my body hair, and if he had a lot of hair I wouldn't complain, because if thats what he was happy with then i would leave him.

• woooah ur boyfriend...

• oh ur australian 2?

• i have long dark black hair on my legs, stomach, arms and i have long sideburns for a girl too. and i honestly don't mind some of my hair. it's just i find it odd to have hair on my stomach. like i'd be that one girl who'd be like

'oh u wanna go swimming. u shud have told me this 2 days ago when i shaved my legs so i could shave my stomach'

you see. that's not normal

• I'm not gonna say I'm bushy hairy but I am... moderately hairy?

The place where I come from, almost all girls don't shave except the privates and armpits, and some thread their eyebrows. Otherwise, no one shaves. Many people in fact discourage shaving by saying "You're human not a chicken meaned to be hairless and roasted" "It's absolutely unnecessary and bad for you."

And yes, "She looked way better before removing all that hair" is a real thing. I actually noticed some women who are really beautiful and their facial hair rather looks like it makes them look more beautiful. I don't know how. Maybe we all are created in such a way that our flaws also add to our beauty.

I do remove the hair from around my lips but that's just because I like doing it and even I say that it is completely unnecessary. You and I don't have to do it at all. Removing all of facial hair can actually be harmful and remove a protective layer from the skin.

And in the place where I live there is a LOT of dust in air so if you shave your arms and legs, you are gonna get horrible rashes anyway.

I believe that hair removal is totally optional. Do it if you like it, don't do it if you don't like it. And if any guy has a problem with your choice, he can go such a dick.

• Exactly how I feel but now I don't give damn and walk with hairy legs everywhere.

Yeah... the Indian thing I don't know how true it is but I'm Indian and I have body hair and probably stink like curry even though I don't remember when I last ate one Lmao.
    My life is fucked.

I feel like a hairy monster. *-* hope the hair falls off from my body and rejoins on my head hair. *-* ... ehhh LOL

• i love curry

• im really sorry

• Nawww don't be sorry :)

• Yea I was hairy too
    No biggy, check your hormones level
    And if they 're stable start later on laser cause you 're still young haha.
    If they 're not then you d need a hormone treatment. When you start that for at least 3 months, you can start laser.

• Use hair removal cream (dont use it on your face though, I made a bad mistake in using it on my face and I got a big bump in the middle of my eyebrows for most of the summer when i was 12, use hair removal cream for FACE wax strips) Also I use baby oil Nair hair removal cream because it doesn't give me bumps like Aloe vera Nair.
    the hair doesn't grow back as fast. I know we're two different people but it wouldn't hurt to try. Whenever I use it on my legs after they're being hairy for a long time, they are smooth like baby for almost 2 weeks.

• I've been really hairy... lol, this is the weirdest My Take that I've ever seen. I have a nice amount under my arms, my mf mom won:'t let me shave. I'm like, i should have the option to shave my body if I want. I don't have hairy arms or legs though. Mostly on my head.

• my mum didn't let me shave till i was in the 8th grade

• and i get u. people always say
      'u don't know anything. go watch spongebob or somethin'

• Lol, yeah IKR. I'm like I'm smarter than you think... your talking all this junk, but I'm going to college, somewhere you were never smart enough to make it.

• I once had a guy tell me quite rudely to shave my arms. What even... I wasn't like the Brawny Man but even if I was dayummm

• omg the same thing happened to me. So i have this best guy friend and i was writing on his arm. and then he wanted to write on my arm so i stick my arm out and he was like
      'WOAH, your arms are so hairy. Their harier than mine. You should shave them'

• right, I don't think they get how rude and intrusive that. it's like 'excuse you sir' haha

• Yeah a man at work said what is this... on my arms its ugly. Then I went home cried and epilated. It burnt like hell. And... I finally found courage to re grow it.

• Thanks for sharing, i've never had this problem and i'm not naturally very hairy.

• Most minority women tend to be more hairy than white and Asians, which sucks since we live in a white society (I'm assuming you live in America). Most countries actually don't care about shaving too much, but ours unfortunately does lol. Just keep shaving. Waxing might be a better option for you considering the effects last longer.

• I can relate 😞😑

• I'm literally the opposite, the only hair that really grows is the hair on my head.

• I feel you. If I didn't laser I'd be hairier than my boyfriend.

• omg i wanna get laser?

• Maybe onvd in a while. But I haven't completed my sessions yet. I'm at my 3rd out of 5.

• ohhh alright

• Im very hairy.

• Sounds fun

• can't Be Everywhere Right. I Mean For Sure You Dont Have Hair On Your Stomach.

• I fucking hate it. I've been bullied all my fricking life because of it so I wear long sleeves and oan

• Well...

You either have to accept that some people are going to be a-holes, will continue to make fun of you, and demand you shave yourself clean like a porcelain doll and you'll do that or you can accept that you are hairy, and so the f-ck what because you are much more than just the hairy bits of you. There are literally only those two options. Good luck!

• I know the struggle.. the amount of times i wore long sleeves in summer just to hide my hair is countless.. my mom didn't let me shave until i was 16 !

• That must be hard.