Sometimes I dream of running away and being a star so just curious, do you think I could be the "type" of pretty that could make it in hollywood lol?

i am in medical school so i am probably not running off anywhere any time soon lol but sometimes i dream of running away to hollywood and becoming an actress or dancer or model (def would have to lose weight for that one haha) so just curious do you think i am the "type" of pretty that could make it in hollywood? :p

611

Most Helpful Guy

• hollywood is all about nepotism. why do you think all of the stars are related? its who you know and how many favors they owe you. not how talented you are. there's a difference between knowing them and being them. trust me, i know a few, have drank and partied and done work for them... they are still famous and i am still broke and unemployed... at the end of the day their talentless brother or the kid they went to high school with is going to get more work than the guy who went to college to do the same thing 100x better. if you weren't born into this world, your chances are very slim.

What Guys Said 10

• I have seen all kinds of types on tv and in movies. I don't thing there really is a "type" that makes it big. But the lure of Hollywood strikes a lot of people, and more fail than succeed.

As hard as Med school is, I think it is more rewarding and fulfilling. And the world need more neurosurgeons, not actresses.

• why would you leave medical school to give you a great career in the medical field to go to hollywood...

And no, you wouldn't make it for hollywood... Just stay in med school and you'll be on track to a great and promising career :)

• because medical school sucks but you wouldn't understand because you're 15 and probably complain about your algebra homework

• It makes some sense but whatever

• So much age discrimination. Holy shit. Logical sense goes above experience.

• Be very careful. Many people prey on young pretty women like you wanting to make it big in Hollywood. I am not trying to ruin your dreams, just be very careful that you don't wind up taken advantage of and used. Another notch on someone's casting couch. I am not saying you can't make it, but it will be a long, tough and possibly dangerous road there.

• Honestly, best of luck though honey. I hope you do make it and I look like a fool for my warning.

• Hollywood is a tough evil. I personally wouldn't want to go there, because it's just not my cup a tea. To answer your question, yeah, you could probably make it. But remember, there's hundreds, or even thousands of other people that you would be competing/working with - hence the "tough" part.

• everyone in hollywood is FAKE

are you fake?

• If your psychotic, have no self respect and no respect for others, like not having time. Like being stalked, like feeling paranoid around your friends and lose interest in social interactions, and like doing drugs and drinking coppious amounts of alcohol, I would recommend you to Hollywood.

• Also, the answer is your not Hollywood hot.

• Not to be a jerk. Just being real. I know someone in Hollywood, she's an actress and model and I just hear her complain about how Hollywood is not a good place.

• Sure, if you want that you've got to believe in it. Look at the vacancies and send in your CV! Some of the well known actresses are in their forties in the meantime so the market is open!
    If you make it, I'll go to theatre to go watch that movie :-)

• I think you can make it for all three of those but for dancer that usually starts young. Medicine is a good career path too.

• Yeah, I can see you as an actress.

• I live in Los Angeles and have lots of aspiring actress friends. I hope you don't mind being a waitress. You pretty, but so are they.

What Girls Said 6

• Ok! As a person who majored in Fine Arts and who has been involved in fine arts for... well since I was like 13. STUDY AND FINISH SCHOOL FIRST!!! I am not saying give up on your dream of becoming a model. If thats wht you want to do DO IT! But seriously, having a back up plan is sooooo nice and it will be comforting to know you have the ability to get a job that pays well and will be more stable and secure IF you can't make it. Hollywood is a cut throat industry. It's competitive and you have to understand that there are thousands of young and old people trying to make it big. This goes for any part of the industry. Now if you want to start working on it try building a portfolio and researching what it takes to be a professional model or dancer. What techniques are key for modeling, how to pose, how to capture the light and understanding your body position and facial expressions. modelmayhem. com is a great site that helps models, dancers, photographers, videographers, directors, etc. build their portfolios online as well as network with others who might be able to help you gain experience.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you don't ever give up on your dream, but finish school first.

• thank you :) and i do have a degree, i'm not education-less haha i got a bachelor's degree in neuroscience and biology already. thanks for the tips and advice!

• Ok. Well again finish school, get your masters or PHd, whatever it is that will help you get a job in the medical field. Not saying going after your dreams are bad, its just right now it's almost impossible for me to get work in a secure field because I majored in Film. I don't fully regret my decision cause I learned SOO much, but I wish I got another Bachelors degree or an associate degree so I had something to fall back on.

• Being honest... I'm not sure?

Thing is, make up is a lovely thing and we all know a lot of the Hollywooders don't look great without the slap. So in that respect, yes because you are underlyingly pretty.

However, I'm not sure it's Hollywood hot because you're not like BAM Eva Longoria hot. Just being honest - few of us are!

I think if I were you stick to medical school. If it happens, great and well done! But don't base your life on it, have a back up plan.

Who knows - maybe you'll be an actress and I'll be a successful musician and we'll be meeting on the red carpet. Who knows what the future holds.

• Do you have talent? Do you have an outstanding personality? Do you have experience? Do you have an acting, dancing or acting cv? In my opinion, your face is a little bit too plain for a model. No offense. You could try for actress or dancer, but for dancer you reaaallly have to be talented, since so many people can dance. Lot of concurrent. For actress, you have to be very talented as well. I don't know, you have to tell me.

• I understand that med school isn't really the choice of your dreams, but it is a better choice in the long run :) Dont get me wrong, you are pretty, but there are thousands of other girls and guys who want to do what you do. Your chances are slim to none.

• Stay in school
    Get you MD
    Get into theater to see how you like it
    Join your college drama or Thespian groups
    Try out for plays
    They are fun
    Great place to meet friends too

• You could audition for grey's anatomy