Lots of people appear to be bothered by their height (or lack thereof). When did this become an important feature, and why?

I just don't get why people are putting so much emphasis on it..

• I would not date a partner if he wasn't the ideal height, regardless of any other features they may have
    Vote A
  • I don't care about someone's height at all
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Poll option A should've said "he or she", oops

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I always find short men have attitude problems I call it little man syndrome...
    because they are short they feel they need to act a big dick to make up for it

height personally has no importance to me im 5.9 not sure if that's average but height is something I never really take much notice of...

0|2
    0|1

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• Well people base beauty usually on very attractive celebrites/ models, who are all usually tall. I mean to be a female model you have to be 5'8ish, but more girls arr 5'2-5'6, but girl height isn't too important cause society talks about how short girls are better and stuff, but then that makes girls who are too tall insecure.

Then for guys, girls are always gushing on how they want a 6' guy, how they want their head on their chests, or they just like feeling small and being protected by their guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's not exactly viewed as feminine to be 6 feet tall or more. That's why I was always bothered by my height. Now I don't really care but it can still be awkward.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think girls feel more feminine when their guy is taller than them. Maybe a bit shallow, but you can't help what you like.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well... I'm 1.74m tall and I tend to wear heels even on casual events. I would look really weird next to a guy shorter than 1.70m, don't you think? I'd feel like his mom.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah that's exactly the part that I don't get. Why would it look weird?

• Show All
    • Fair enough. Thanks for sharing your opinion :)

• I honestly don't know, I'm short but I couldn't care less

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm short but I can't date guys that aren't at least 6ft my boyfriend is 6"4 and I'm 5"4.. I suppose I really love feeling feminine next to him haha.. just me :)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Your height and your genetic value are directly correlated.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because of twats like them
    https://youtu.be/-QwUWgxjee0

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want "her" to be taller then me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 6'2" and very thankful I'm tall. Wouldn't trade it for anything.
    I like my ladies short though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Since before our species even existed. Bigger male = projects more physical/social dominance and signals greater genetic quality = attractive to females.

0|0
    0|0