Why do I only gain weight in certain parts of my body?

I have been skinny all my life and this year I have been trying hard to gain weight. I actually did gain weight but only on my lower part of my body. My stomach and chest area is really small compared to my thigh and butt. No matter what I do, i can't gain weight on my upper body. My stomach stay flat and so is my arm and face. So right now I have thick thigh and a big butt with flat stomach and chest. I want to look even out but I don't know if I can.

05

Most Helpful Guy

• It's estrogen. Estrogen will divert fat to your thighs, butt and breasts to make them look fuller. For men since we have high testosterone, most of out fat goes to our belly. It may be genetics too but usually estrogen is the prime factor for your fat diversion.
    Besides, a big butt and thick thighs are really sexy when paired with a small waist. If you really want to work out to tone your body, go for it but I wouldn't because from what you said you have a nice body.

What Guys Said 4

• if you want bigger breasts this way and live in the US, just eat chicken. Because the americans dope the chicken with female hormones to grow faster. So if you eat a lot of chicken you also get bigger breasts cuz of the extra female hormones. If you live in Europe, you dont even have to try this because its forbidden here.

• I think it is the way some people are built maybe go to a gym and ask a trainer for specialist exercises for certain areas of the body.

• It is a genetic and nature's work. Man gain weight by storing it in the stomach part. And Women gain it initially by storing fat in the thighs. You need to exercise along with it as well.

• I can answer this with one word... " Genetics"

What Girls Said 0