So I am not from the U. S despite what what my profile says, lol but is the U. S as skinny obsessed as it seems from what some users say on this site?

Cause it seems from all of the how do i look pics and just from a lot of the comments in general from men and women usually from U. S sometimes U. K that skinny is literally the most attractive thing to you all and like reallly thin or is that just a white thing, no offense. Also how come there is way less emphasis on a pretty face.

These are just my observations. Any comments are welcome on the topic ;)

313

Most Helpful Guy

• Umm 74.1% of the population in United States is overweight or obese, according World Health Organization (https://www. infoplease. com/world/statistics/obesity. html)

So if the site seems skinny obsessed, it poorly represents the nation that seems to be fat obsessed.

• hahaha. but if so many people are fat but skinny is the beauty ideal then it just seems so strange. It is like in the Caribbean the typical ideal is a big ass and hips and a lot of women actually have that so it is available

• @Asker Yes well that's exactly how I see it. Men appreciate women in all forms and all women seem to be unhappy that their body type is not something that excites all men. I say we should let women be the size they want to be and let men want what they want.

• LOLLLL exactly!

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• It depends on where you go just like any other place in the world but for the most part no I mean I work in a gym and I see people of all shapes and sizes together I see incredibly fit people, one overweight one not one thicker one more skinny one average, both average, both incredibly fit I've seen it all come in and out.

• I would have thought the site is more obsessed with bigger girls with bigger curves,

• Lol not at all. if anything I see many people especially men take pleasure almost insulting a girl who is even just a little bigger and profess how much they dislike or are disgusted by fat like if it is being pushed in their face to like it. It is just so weird to me to insult something that isn't your type in the first place. lol u get me?

• That is a totally valid concern to have.

• it's a section specifically dedicated to how people look. most of it is spam anyways. it's not so much as people are obsessed so much as it is random people feel they have the need to ask that question. as for face vs body, you can change your body and it's harder. your face is your face. you can put makeup on and shit, but it's generally static.

• Actually, pretty face (like yours) goes a long way. Look at all the plus size models who get lots of positive responses from men.

• I think mostly women care about how skinny they are. Guys tend to adore the butt, boobs, and even the face. I'm a face lover.

• Considering miss universe beauty pageants are worldwide, id assume its a global type of situation

• No. We're just people like everyone else. All of the skinny / not skinny stuff controversy sells a lot of magazines though.

• I don't think skinny obsessed is right, more like obsessed with fitness.

• Well I'm from the UK and personally a hot skinny body can 'make up' for less beauty, but a pretty face won't work without the skinny body to match!

• Yeah it's skinny obsessed which is funny because the U. S. is filled with way fatter people than most european countries. All the people in those countries are skinny as sticks.

• which is the even stranger thing to me. Maybe it is like the want to have what they can't. but are very obsessed with image it seems to me

• Where are you really from?

• Compared to continental Europe and asia, north americans and those in the u. k. are far more often overweight. So it's not a 'skinnier is always better' thing because most men in these countries prefer a higher weight than say runway models have. The weight average women had 60 years ago is probably pretty ideal by modern standards.

It's just that the large majority of women and men in these countries would be better if skinnier.

East Asians, from what i can tell, are more weight focused than 'whites' are.

From what i've read africa and the middle east more often has a different ideal weight range, which may also reflect different weight challenges on that continent.

I don't' know enough to comment about like central asia.

What Girls Said 2

• We have always been skinny obsessed don't think it's ever going away though. Just the way the u. s is

• I don't think it's so much being skinny as it is having an aesthetically attractive body whether that is being small boned and thin or curvy