Is 5'5 too tall for a girl?

I am a 5 foot 5 inch tall girl and I always feel really tall. It makes me really insecure. Is 5'5 too tall for a girl?

623

Most Helpful Guy

• In the U. S? I thought teenage girls now would be like 7 feet tall at this point. I tend to feel like I'm surrounded by giants whenever I go there (only 5'7 and from Japan, half-Japanese). I don't think 5'5 is that tall. You might still grow a bit. And normally being tall is considered rather beautiful anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Average height for women in the US is 5'4", so you're just an inch taller than that. Maybe you just feel really tall because your friends haven't caught up to you yet. You still have some time to grow, but regardless, there's nothing wrong with being tall. I know girls who are 5'10" and look stunning at that height.

What Guys Said 22

• no it's not too tall at all

• No it's not too tall

• That's not that tall

• as a 5'7" guy, 5'5" is spot on. the ideal height.
    If my girlfriend was 5'5" she'd be maybe a little taller than me in high heels, but during sex our faces would match up with the OTHER parts that are touching, meaning all positions are possible and we'd never have to stop kissing!

• To me 5'5s not that tall, because you're 15 you may be taller than the people around you now but as you get older you won't be. Plus no heights "too" tall, I prefer taller girls cause im quite tall myself and have a larger build. There's no need to worry 😄😊

• Its not too tall for me. I'm 5'6 and I'd date a girl who is 5'5 - assuming she was willing to date me.

• Relax , you shouldn't be worried about how tall you are.
    You're beautiful regardless of how you look and how tall you are

• My preference is at least that, or even taller would be nice. Though I'm 6'5, so I guess it depends if you like tall guys or not.

• No, it's normal height for a female.

• not its a good height

• No you're about average

• not really

• Lol no that's short

• No, i think its a cute height

• Well I'm 6" so I'd say no

• Nope

• No thats perfect height

• Average height for a girl is 5'4. So your not to tall. Tall in my opinion is 5'8 and up.

• no i think its average. I want a girl who is around 5'7 because im a tall guy

• No its not

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I hope not since I'm 5'9" some guys don't care for tall girls but I've never found it a huge deterent even when my ex was only 1" taller

• Nah... that's average I think for a female. If you feel tall then I must be a giant lmao!!! I'm about 5'8-5'9 :O

• I'm 5'7 and I wear heels all the time your just fine

• it's just normal. i think girls are too tall when they're 5'8" and beyond

• It's not Tall