I'm worried that guys find me less attractive because i'm Asian. Is that weird?

I'm not asking whether or not you find attractive or unattractive and I don't care about your suggestions to make me more "attractive." If it doesn't answer the racial part of the question which was he main part of the question then don't reply at all.

618

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, some really insensitive people on this site.
    Honestly, one person might find you to be the most beautiful girl in the world, another may think the opposite.
    A question like this isn't easy to answer, and in fact, cannot be answered in this way.
    There are some things you can't change, and you have to just overlook. You cannot change your race, so don't blame your race. If there's a specific part of you that you don't like, that you can change, change it. You need to be comfortable with yourself - that's all that matters. A confident girl is more attractive than a shy one.
    Relating to this point; I have ginger hair. A lot of people don't like that, a lot of people do. But guess what? I love it! So I don't care about their opinions. I changed my hairstyle, and I'm more confident than ever before.
    If you don't like your body (example) - go gym.
    Don't like hair? - Change colour/style.
    etc. etc. etc.
    Don't take these comments seriously. Everyone has their own opinion, and mine is as irrelevant as the next commenter.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is because your age group. Guys at your age don't really have a good standard for girls. So they don't recognize how cute you are! Believe me when you grow older there will be many guys like you! So just be yourself and don't worry about it for now.

What Guys Said 17

• "Weird" has a lot of definitions. Can we use a more precise term?
    It's "natural" to have self-image insecurities. It's a part of growing up.
    You may feel alone in how you're experiencing it, rxch'. But please understand, the differences in each individual is reflected in when and how they express this complex storm of figuring out who they are. Obviously... and may I say, courageously, you're very open about your self-doubt. To some extent, I believe that's healthy and in no way "weird". Be careful rxch, however. Negative and snide replies to this question, even if there are many of them, do not reflect a majority, that you should base any of your self -esteem upon. Positive replies are indeed helpful, especially if there are many of them. Unfortunately, they too can not be THE SOURCE of what you need. This is not the place to find the answer you're looking for. But that place is much closer to you, than way out here at GAG.
    See if you agree?
    You perceive a negative stigma about your Race. Give some thought to where it's coming from. Is it coming from outside of your Race? Rhetorical question. Of course it is. Whomever you've gotten the impression from, that Asian Girls are less attractive, are they more qualified to make that determination than you are, or others within your Race? Who has the most experience, and is therefore the expert, on how you appear?
    Chances are it's that cute Gal in the mirror.
    rxch, if you try to see yourself through someone else's eyes, all your seeing is what THEY WANT TO SEE. Their sight is being processed by their Brain. Who knows what kind of filters and cob-webs are messing-up their vision?
    Again, whose sight has the clearest view of who you are? Someone that isn't even around most of the time?
    Are you still growing? Another rhetorical question. But think about it. How much different do you look from a year ago?
    Since I'm a "Geezer", I'm not going to get all creepy about saying how cute you are. So I'll resort to the following: Look at your faces bone structure. High cheeks, well proportioned features, a smile that looks like it's easy for you to do. Your eyes are big and your Glasses accentuate them very well. Still, you feel unattractive right now. Guess what? Your face will change in six months. Honest! All those attributes I mentioned will become just a tad more defined. Since not feeling attractive is the lowest, what other direction is left, for when you change?
    rxch, tell me this does not make sense!

• Thanks. It helps a lot more when people aren't vague

• I think that's the most interesting description of my writing that I've heard for quite a while, rxch!
      You're absolutely welcome! It was a pleasure writing to you with such purpose!

• I tease others for doing the same thing, so I should make a display of correcting myself.
      Sorry rxch.
      I think that's the most interesting description of my writing that I've READ for quite a while!
      (I know, I know. I'm such a 'tard)

• I think that's a pretty common worry. Don't worry, it's all in your head, we're our own worst enemy you know? :3

• You're just too young. Wait some years.

• Yup, is weird. I love Asians xD

• No. It's not. You're simply special and reserved for the one that truly deserves you! Good luck!

• don't worry about it, not everyone will find you attractive but some people :)

• Your ethincity has very little if not nothing to do with your attractiveness. lots of dudes actually prefer asain girls actually.

• It's not weird, we all have self doubt. I'm convinced women are less into me because of my red hair. Some guys will not be into you yes if you're not their preference but lots of guys will still be into you. As with everyone, all races.

• Not at all. I prefer Asian girls over white girls and I am a white guy.

As a matter of fact, 95% of my dates throughout my life have been Asian and my current girlfriend is Taiwanese.

And no, I don't have yellow fever, I just get feelings for Asian girls sooner.

• **I included the extra info just to help you understand that there are plenty of guys who love Asian girls**

• Depends. If you live in Asia then yeah its weird lol

• I am caucasian and I would definitely date you! Except you are cute you seem having a great heart! ^.^

• get different glasses or lose them (get contacts) & get your body bad ass. by the time you're 18 they'll flock to you. you've got potential and you're young so just give it time

• I like my glasses a lot actually and I don't wear them all the time so it's not the problem.

• I think Asian women are beautiful.

• Its not because you are Asian, its because you are an ugly Asian

• I like Asian girls the most.
    You aren't the prettiest out there in regards to general looks no matter what race though so might be that?

• its not that you are Asian. its that you aren't that attractive facially. just work on your body.

• that confidence is great. i apologize if i hurt your feelings.

• i wasn't fishing for someone's two cents in how they believe i should fix up my body? Also you haven't seen my body, hopefully never will since i'm 15, but you automatically assume I feel like I need to fix myself? This question was about the race part, not about how facially unattractive or racially attractive you find me. It was about if race had a point in it.

• it's not because you are Asian it's because you are ugly. nothing to do with race

• What a dick

• I don't know why someone's saying i'll "fix up" better? Assuming there's something wrong with me now?

• I think people are just misunderstanding your purpose for posting this is all

What Girls Said 5

• People like Asians, Asians don't like most people or are very quiet about their attraction.

• You're a cutie. Some guys are reaaaally into Asians, back when my boyfriend and i started dating his friends were literally like 'mike's dating a hot Asian chick woo!' So don't worry it's all good

• No, that's not weird.
    You're attractive.

• is that you? your totally cute don't worry

• be proud to be Asian :) i was once not likable by guys due to.. i was out of shape and lots of breakout.. but as time pass there are guy approach me and they didn't care if i was Asian or not :)