I am going to be married in a month. I really never been in a relationship before (why? I dont really know). I got engaged a month ago (Yes! arranged). My fiance is actually out of the state and has come to meet me during the weekend. We were complete stranger before the engagement. This might sound horrible but i have really good feelings about this and i know we both with be able to work out all the kinks. Even people who know each other, love each other, run into problems. He did have one girlfriend. His relationship with her lasted very long, highschool sweethearts. He broke up with her about 2 years ago. I however never been in a relationship. I did have guy friends but always knocked down the idea of becoming someone girlfriend. What i need is advice from both men and women, who are in committed relationship or married.
What do you expect from your partner? What do you want them to expect from you? What could ruin it or make it for you? Any past experiences?
Most Helpful Guy
You'll have to learn to live with him just like in any other relationship that people are commited. Your "disadvantage" is that you don't know him and will already get married. Both of you have to be patient and try to understand each other if you want this to work, I think it'll be far from being perfect but depending on your will and dedication to make things work, your marriage can work.0
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Girl
1) Take deep breaths... it's normal to be nervous and anxious.
2) Keep a positive and open mind.
3) Be at ease and be your loving self... things will come naturally to u, but don't get discouraged if you do something your husband doesn't like, you're still learning each other and u both need to be patient with the other.
4) Don't be afraid to disagree with him and have your own opinion. Your thoughts matter just as much as his do.
5) Be confident in yourself and him and that the marriage will be a successful one.
6) Pray. Prayer is a woman's most powerful and reliable weapon.
Don't expect everyday to be roses and sweet cream... it's going to get difficult sometimes, but you can't let it get to u. Fix it and move on.
7) Never ever go to bed mad at each other. Let the marriage bed only know laughter, peaceful rest and hot sex.
I wish u the best.0