Girls, would you let your husband hang out with female friends?

As in hanging out (movies/gym/dinner/video games) or texting frequently or even hugging? Would you let him hang out 1 on 1? And with an ex or hookup or affair partner?

• Yes
  • No
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

10

Most Helpful Girl

• It's something he just wouldn't do, i wouldn't even feel the need to allow him because i don't and won't control what he does but i know him inside out as he knows me and it's not even something he would contemplate so it's all good. If any man dedicates his time to another woman besides his wife then something is totally off with that i would think.

What Girls Said 9

• It's odd that he would dedicate so much time to another female , that leads me to ask how much time does he have for me?
    I couldn't control his actions because he's his own person.
    I'd find the aspects of his relationship with these other girls as uncommon.
    It'd make me feel a bit uncomfortable.
    In this case , I'd have to weigh my options.
    Does he give me reason to believe that this is more than what meets the eye? Or is this just very close friendships he posses? How I answer these questions to myself would be the determining factor for if I wanted to stay or not.

• You needed more options on your poll as there were a lot of things to consider in the question.

Female friends: yes. If they hang out like he does with his male friends then what's the big deal? Most of the time he'll take me along too, but if I'm busy he can still socialise.

Exes: depends. His most recent ex then no. An ex from years ago where they've rebuilt a friendship and both moved on then yes. It depends on the circumstances and how they are around each other.

As for allowing him. I'm not his mother, but I'd talk to him about how I feel and ask him to consider my feelings and reach a compromise. An all out refusal to have her in his life would be a very severe thing and there would need to be iron ast reasons why I didn't trust them.

• I don't feel like I would need to "allow" him to do anything. He's a grown man and is capable of making his own decisions, I'm not his mother. That being said, it would depend on the dynamics of his relationship with the girl in question. I would probably be at least a little bit uncomfortable with it though.

• Friends, yes. But past hookups/exes, flings, no.

• Yes, he can do as he pleases. I trust him completely until he gives me a reason not to, and if that happens then we're over. I don't wanna force him to be faithful, I want him to want to be.

• No. If he needs to hang out with other women instead of his wife he never should have gotten married.

• Friends: yes.
    Ex, hookup, affair partner: no.

• I found out a couple of years into my relationship that my partner is 'friends' with a married woman he once had an affair with. She's a fucking nutjob. Extremely devious but comes across as all friendly and fun with my boyfriend and letting him lean on her shoulder when he has problems. She uses him as an emotional crutch to take her mind off her 'unhappy marriage'. He thinks because he lives in another country now and they have a common interest that it was fine for them to text behind her husband's back several times a week. He's autistic and just doesn't get it. They're not having sex after all, so why is it a problem? He chose me and doesn't want to be with her. Blah blah blah. He doesn't have many friends and he can talk to her about stuff wah wah wah.

We nearly split up about it. Conversely, he gets very jealous at the thought of me with other guys (and I don't even have any male friends or spend time with guys outside of work so he has nothing to worry about) and is always worrying that I'll cheat on him. The double standard is astounding. I'm a loyal, loving girlfriend and he's lucky to have me. I didn't string him along for years saying I was getting divorced and then run back to hubby when the shit hit the fan.

He's on good terms with his ex wife (they have a kid together) and talks to her often. I have no problem with that. He has female friends he goes drinking with, got no problem with that. Just this one crazy bitch who can't move on. I threatened to tell her husband once and if I ever find out they're still texting that's what I'll be doing.

• No I won't let him.
    I'm asking you the same question, tell me what would you do?

• I'd be OK with letting my wife hang with male friends. I hang with female friends too

• Ex, hook-ups and affair partners too?