Would you want a polygamous marriage?

Polygamous marriage could mean 1 man and multiple women, 1 woman and multiple men, or multiple women, or multiple men, or multiple women AND multiple men. I was thinking I'd want a polygamous marriage - me, 1 man, and 1 woman - so we could all share responsibilities. Also I'd love them, and have a good sex life between the 3 of us. Would you want a polygamous marriage?
  • no marriage
  • monogamous marriage only
  • I'd rather not be polygamous but I'd consider it
    Vote C
  • I'd prefer to be polygamous
    Vote D
Anyone?
Why would you want, or not want, polygamy?

3431

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm polyamorous, so I could thrive in a polygamous marriage. Under a system of gender equality, there is no good reason to deny that we must keep evolving until an adult, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, monogamy or polyamory, race, or religion is free to share love, sex, residence, and marriage (and any of those without the others) with any and all consenting adults. Polyamory, polygamy, open relationships are not for everyone, but they are for some. The limited same-gender freedom to marry is a great and historic step, but is NOT full marriage equality, because equality "just for some" is not equality. Let's stand up for EVERY ADULT'S right to marry the person (s) they love.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't have any desire to get married. Most marriages I have seen ended up unhappy, divorced, or with someone cheating on the other. The commitment you make to marry someone doesn't seem to click with modern marriages. And, once you're in one, you are TRAPPED. If things got bad and you needed to get money out of a shared account or quickly leave them, you couldn't do it successfully. With a relationship, you just pack your shit and leave, but marriages are more complicated to deal with.

I don't want to get married, because men can't keep their eyes on one girl. I'd hate to have to spend the rest of my life with someone that can't be loyal. If I were simply dating someone, I'd be able to leave anytime I wanted. Caught him cheating? No worries. When he comes home, my things will be gone. Turned abusive? It's okay. Just call a friend, pack my stuff, and get out of there. Marriages are so, so much worse, because you can't easily escape from them!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE